1099 and W-9 Update and Best Practices - CPE 1.5 Credits
- Speaker:Miles Hutchinson
- Date: 16th April 2019 09:00 AM PST | 12:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90590
Left to Register
HRCI Credits: 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
SHRM Credits: 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. You can access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any clarifications.
For years the IRS has struggled with the independent contractor and tax collection. In assessing opportunities to close the tax gap (taxes due but not reported or paid), one of the greatest opportunities comes from expanding the information reporting on taxpayers by payors – the 1099. This time consuming reporting obligation can be streamlined in a number of ways. Join us to learn more
Why Should You Attend:
What are the rules regarding paying and IRS reporting on Independent Contractors? How do I avoid the IRS CP-2100 (B-Notices)? What if my vendor claims exemption; must I obtain a W-9 anyway? What are the best practices? How can I minimize risk of improper exemption claims by my vendors? Get the answers to these and related questions to reduce your risk of huge penalties from the IRS.
Learn the rules requiring W-9 documentation and 1099 reporting. Learn how to establish the independent contractor relationship with the right documentation. Understand the rules and keep your company in compliance. Ensure that your records will stand the scrutiny of an IRS 3rd Party Documentation and Reporting audit. Avoid the onerous penalties for noncompliance and build the best defense against the 972-CG Notice of Proposed Penalty Letter.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- In just ninety minutes you will gain the following insights:
- Starter Question: How can we best set up an independent contractor in our vendor payment system to ensure compliance with the IRS reporting rules?
- Protocols for setting up new vendors (ICs)
- When to require a Form W-9
- How to test the accuracy of the W-9 information with the IRS’s records – for free!
- Who and what you pay determines whether you must report (1099 reporting)
- Forms to use to document your independent contractor as reportable or non-reportable
- Required governmental reporting on ICs
- Form 1099-Misc – guidelines for proper use and classification of diverse payments on this form
- Best practices for filing 1099s with the IRS – TIP: never file early!
- The government wants to remove the exemptions – what this means to you
Who Will Benefit:
- Bank Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Information Reporting Officers
- Tax Managers
- Accounting Managers
- IT Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Risk Managers
NASBA CPE - 1.5
Group Internet Based | 1.5 NASBA Credits (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Taxes (1.5 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - General 1099 and W9 Knowledge| No advance preparation
Miles Hutchinson, CGMA
Sales Tax Advisors, Inc.
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. He is recognized as an expert in payroll and sales & use tax as well as financial modeling & analysis, business strategy and communications. He is the author of several useful accounting and tax tools. His clients include, Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, US Marine Corps, and the US Army. Please visit his web sites to see how you can further benefit from his expertise.
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org