ACH Returns Processes - CPE Accredited
- Speaker:Dr Gina J. Lowdermilk
- Product Code:GRC-NR10
- NASBA CPE: 1.2 CPE Credits
NASBA CPE Credits: 1.2 CPE Credits
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to the NACHA Operating Rules, the ACH return process with current timeframes will remain the way it has been even though we are in the midst of the three-phase implementation of Same Day ACH. With the new Same Day ACH landscape, the additional processing windows can change the way returns are processed (if the RDFI chooses to utilize this feature) to receive faster settlement on the returns without having to pay a Same Day fee. This webinar will offer insight into the new process and provide an overview of legacy ACH and Same Day return process and rules.
Why Should You Attend:
As an RDFI are you utilizing the full potential of the return process in the new Same Day environment? You can do Same Day returns without having to pay the 5.2 cent fee for each Same Day entry. Same Day returns do not pay the fee but can receive settlement for the returns as soon as the same day.
The return rules aren’t changing – the difference is that there are now extra windows of opportunity to transmit a return entry earlier on the same day. For example, unable to locate account, account closed, NSF, unauthorized are all reasons an entry can be returned - why not return that entry (that’s on the exception report) on the day it is an exception processing item? Examples of these types of returns and the what ifs are included to differentiate between the returns processed next day and returns processed Same Day.
- Define the return process – legacy ACH and Same Day
- Identify the different return processing windows and how settlement can be affected
- Tips and suggestions on how to streamline your return process and get settlement faster
- Outline the advantages of using the Same Day to do returns – not just Same Day ACH entries – but all ACH entries
- Review timeframes for doing general returns (NSF – Unable to Locate Acct) and Unauthorized Entries
- Illustrate how the ACH network can be leveraged for faster returns without paying the 5.2 cent fee
- Describe through the use of scenarios – the differences between the current return process and utilizing Same Day instead
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Timeframes for Returning ACH Entries
- Overview of Legacy ACH Return Process and Rules
- Same Day ACH – Changes in Returns Process
- Settlement for Returns
- Using the Legacy ACH Process
- Same Day ACH Entry Returns (NSF – Debits)
- Scenarios to help identify how this new (same day window) opportunity for returns can change your returns process -- not just for Same Day Entries!
Who Will Benefit:
- Financial Institution Professionals (New/Current Operations Staff)\
- Banking Operations Managers and Staff
- Compliance and Risk Professionals
- Treasury Management Professionals
- Aspiring and Current AAPs (Accredited ACH Professionals)
- Payroll Processors
- Company/ Business Owners (Originators)
- Banking Managers/ Supervisors
- Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers
|Field of Study||Minutes||CPE|
|Management Advisory Services||10||0.2|
|Specialized Knowledge and Applications||55||1.1|
|Total Duration - 90 Min||Total Credits - 1.8|
Gina J. Lowdermilk, PhD (ABD), CAMS, CRMS is a highly experienced and educated BSA/AML and Financial Regulatory Compliance professional with extensive policy and procedure development and implementation, training, internal audit, monitoring, risk management, and reporting experience. Her emphasis has been working with financial institutions that are experiencing regulatory concerns and resolutions, including enforcement actions such as memorandums of understanding and cease and desist orders. Her 15 years of experience has given her the opportunity to work from small community banks to large, international financial institutions. Her roles not only included BSA/AML and Compliance, but also operations, lending services, business development, marketing, management, department development, and asset quality.
Ms. Lowdermilk has worked with all of the financial regulators and examiners. She possesses advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Internet Explorer, Visio, and Access skills. She also has experience with FiServ, BAM, CRA Wiz, TeamMate, COGNOS, and Metavante banking software. She has been responsible for creating both recurring and ad hoc executive management and board presentations. In addition to her above experience, she is also an adjunct instructor for the business and construction management programs at a local college, as well as writes numerous BSA/AML and Compliance articles, training materials, and manuals as requested from numerous clients.