Effective Report Writing for Audit Professionals - NASBA CPE - 1.5
- Speaker:Teri Morning
- Product Code:NR-90476
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
Skilled auditors require a method that aligns what they experienced during the reviewing process with what they compose during the writing process. This report writing workshop will provide foundation resources that participants can continually turn to during intense, complex audit engagements.
The Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors holds the principles of integrity, objectivity, confidentiality, and competency as the cornerstones of credible internal audits. Auditors can find abundant resources to ensure that their audit process meets those standards consistent with regulatory requirements and that they represent the auditee’s best interests. However, certifying compliance does not occur merely at the point of observation but in the writing that emerges from it. Numerous challenges lie ahead for auditors when composing an audit report. They want to ensure that they clearly articulate a comprehensive review process, valid and reliable criteria, conditions logically linked to causes, relevant and risks, and beneficial recommendations-all with an objective style.
Why Should You Attend:
The art of audit report writing demands far more than simply listing the four elements of a finding–criteria, condition, cause, and effect. Adding the fifth element, the recommendation, may still be insufficient. This boilerplate approach to writing can threaten independent, critical thinking and undermine the entire audit process, ultimately tarnishing the credibility of the auditor.
This highly specialized webinar will offer a deep and useful toolbox of techniques that auditors can use when noting audit observations, drafting objective work papers, and composing well-structured, detailed, and fluent audit reports. The program will begin with a case study to illustrate each element of an audit checklist with a close focus on objective reporting. It will then uncover problems of ensuring validity and reliability of findings and determining root cause.
The webinar will drill down to a deeper level to organize audit content based on time-tested principles of structure. The session will also cover the two pillars of writing style: syntax (word order) and diction (word choice)—each of which poses numerous pitfalls that can compromise the integrity and objectivity of an audit report. Reviewing understandable, pertinent examples from various auditing disciplines, attendees will learn how to remedy the greatest roadblocks to clear thinking through writing and cultivate a convincing, authoritative style.
- Draft work papers thoroughly based on objective observations
- Create a department-specific template to facilitate the writing process
- Organize audit points for greater impact
- Edit audit points for a clear, concise vocabulary for documenting audit reports
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Determining factors affecting the validity and reliability of a finding
- Assessing the appropriate level of detail
- Creating a department-specific template to facilitate the writing process
- Drafting work papers based on objective observations
- Employing formatting devices to improve the visual appeal of an audit report
- Choosing fluent sentence structure to illuminate ideas
- Developing a precise, clear, concise vocabulary for documenting audit reports
Who Will Benefit:
- Cost auditors
- External auditors
- Forensic auditors
- Internal auditors
- Consultant auditors
NASBA CPE - 1.5 - Group Internet Based | 1.5 NASBA Credits (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - None | No advance preparation
- Teri Morning, MBA, MS, specializes in solving company “people problems.”
- Teri is the founder and president of Hindsight Human Resources.
- Teri also sources HR software solutions for incident tracking, employee relations, safety (Incident Tracker), compensation (Comp-ease) and performance management (Performance Pro).
- Twenty+ years human resource and training experience in a variety of fields, including retail, distribution, architectural, engineering, consulting, manufacturing (union), public sector and both profit and non-profit companies.
- Teri has enjoyed consulting with employers on their problems and trained managers and employees for over 20 years, meeting and working with employees from all types of businesses.
- In addition to an MBA, Teri has a Master’s degree in Human Resource Development with a specialization in conflict management.
- Teri was certified by the state of Indiana in mediation skills, and Teri is currently certified in project management and it management and qualified as a Myers Briggs practitioner. Teri has held the PHR, SPHR, SPHR-CA and SHRM-SCP certifications.