The Auditor-In-Charge - NASBA Certificate of 1.5 CPE
- Speaker:Jonnie T. Keith
- Product Code:GRC-90394
- NASBA CPE: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. You can access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any clarifications.
Group Internet Based | 1.5 (1CPE for 50 minutes) | Audit - (1.5 CPE) | Basic | Prerequisites - None| No advance preparation.
Why You Must Attend the Session:
The Auditor-In-Charge (AIC) has a great deal of responsibilities. They must provide directions to the audit team; assess the quality of the work of the audit team; provide on-going communication to audit management and audit clients; develop the draft report; prepare for the exit conference; assess the performance of the audit team; and many other minor activities. The success of an audit engagement will often depend on how well the AIC carry out those functions. This webinar is to help you understand the key skills needed and the primary responsibilities of the AIC.
Freed Handout by the expert: Skill Assessment
The topics include:
- Audit standards relative to the AIC
- Key skills and attributes of the Auditor-In-Charge
- Primary responsibilities of the Auditor-In-Charge
- AIC Skills Assessment Tool
Areas Covered During the Session:
Audit Standards Relative to the Auditor-In-Charge
- IIA Standards
- GAGAS Standards
Auditor-In-Charge Skills and Attributes
- Audit Knowledge
- Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Audit Skill Assessment Tool
- Conduct Pre-Audit Administrative Duties
- Conduct Preliminary Survey
- Develop audit objectives
- Determine the audit scope
- Conduct an Entrance Conference
- Supervise Fieldwork
- Review Work-paper
- Write Draft Audit Report
- Conduct Exit Conference
- Wrap Up
- Follow Up
Who will benefit:
- Audit Managers
- Staff Auditors
- Government Auditors
- Compliance Auditors
- Internal Control Specialists
- Public Accountants
- Accounting Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Quality Control Specialists
Speakers Profile – Jonnie T. Keith, CIA, CFE, CGAP, CICA
Jonnie Keith has been in auditing over 40 years. He retired in 2012 as the Assistant General Manager of Internal Audit with the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) in Atlanta, Ga. He served in that capacity for over 10 years and was responsible for administering the overall audit activities.
At this position, he was responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Audit Department and he reported directly to the CEO and the Chair of the Audit Committee. Prior to that, he worked at MARTA as the Operational Audit Manager and Senior Contract Compliance Auditor. He also worked at Norfolk Southern Railway (formally Southern Railway) as a senior operational auditor and started his career at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta as a bank examiner.
Jonnie Keith received a BA degree in Economics from Clark Atlanta University (formerly Clark College).
He has been a volunteer seminar instructor for the National Office of the Institute of Internal Auditors for several years. He has been married for over 46 years and has two adult daughters and two grandchildren. He and his wife authored the book: Tied Together – The Marriage Trinity.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP)
- Certified Internal Control Auditor (CICA)
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org