Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Audit Best Practices - CPE Accredited
- Speaker:Dr Gina J. Lowdermilk
- Product Code:GRC-90420
- NASBA CPE: 1.5
NASBA CPE Credits: 1.5
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial institutions are required to be compliant with BSA rules and regulations. Such compliance needs to be well documented and consistent to ensure financial institutions avoid BSA violations and implications. Financial institutions’ BSA Programs must have adequate policies and procedures, comprehensive risk assessments, monitoring programs, training programs, qualified employees overseeing the BSA daily operations and independent testing programs. An effective BSA audit program will ensure that all these components are not only implemented but are appropriate, adequate and thorough to meet the BSA rules and regulations and the needs of the financial institution. Having a strong BSA audit program will ensure that financial institutions are proactive in preventing BSA violations occurring and implementing corrective action for BSA issues or implications that may be identified in the BSA program.
More about the topic:
This BSA audit training will explain how the best practices in a BSA audit have evolved over the years. It will cover the major components of an effective BSA program that the audit focuses on and the specifics of each area as it pertains to BSA audits.
Although financial institutions have been managing BSA operations per the regulation requirements, the change in focus to BSA audits has been coming increasingly important. Regulators look to the Bank for assurance and evidence that BSA operations are being appropriately audited to ensure that BSA efforts are appropriately implemented and overseen. This session highlights BSA audit best practices that are being acknowledged and recognized by regulators and examiners. In this webinar, we will discuss the areas that regulators and examiners are primarily focusing on in regard to BSA audits. The areas of focus outlined in this webinar are based on best industry practices and supervisory experience.
Areas we will be covering:
- Implementing BSA audit best practices
- Assessing policies and procedures
- Comprehensive Risk Assessment
- Review of monitoring programs
- Determining effectiveness and thoroughness of training programs
- Ensuring qualified employee oversight of daily BSA operations
- Independent testing
This training is a must for:
The following personnel from banks and other financial institutions will benefit from this training:
- Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Staff with roles and responsibilities in BSA / AML management and oversight
- Financial Officers
- Front Line Staff
- Risk Officers
- Operational Managers
NASBA CPE - 1.5
Group Internet Based | 1.5 NASBA Credits (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Banking (1.5 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - None | No advance preparation
Dr. Gina J. Lowdermilk,PhD (ABD), CAMS, CRMS is a highly experienced and educated BSA/AML and Financial Regulatory Compliance professional with extensive policy and procedure development and implementation, training, internal audit, monitoring, risk management, and reporting experience. Her emphasis has been working with financial institutions that are experiencing regulatory concerns and resolutions, including enforcement actions such as memorandums of understanding and cease and desist orders. Her 15 years of experience has given her the opportunity to work from small community banks to large, international financial institutions. Her roles not only included BSA/AML and Compliance, but also operations, lending services, business development, marketing, management, department development, and asset quality.
Ms. Lowdermilk has worked with all of the financial regulators and examiners. She possesses advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Internet Explorer, Visio, and Access skills. She also has experience with FiServ, BAM, CRA Wiz, TeamMate, COGNOS, and Metavante banking software. She has been responsible for creating both recurring and ad hoc executive management and board presentations. In addition to her above experience, she is also an adjunct instructor for the business and construction management programs at a local college, as well as writes numerous BSA/AML and Compliance articles, training materials, and manuals as requested from numerous clients.
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org