Identity Fraud in Banks & how to prevent it - 26 Red Flags and Tips - CPE Accredited
- Speaker:Jim George
- Product Code:GRC-NR03
- NASBA CPE: 1.2
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
About the topic:
This webinar training helps attendees understand the 26 Red flags released by federal regulators in regard to identity fraud. The instructor will discuss how to create and implement the fraud control program and Identity solutions to combat ID theft and reduce future losses. Participants will also learn strategies on fraud prevention, detection and investigation.
The Federal regulators put together a list of 26 “Red Flags” to help banks deal with ID theft and identity fraudulent attempts to take over accounts. But the list is not organized for ease of use and they are not a comprehensive guide. In this topic, the instructor organizes the Red Flags into related functional areas and, for each area he provides additional tips and information from the perspectives of prevention, loss reduction, detection, and investigations.
- How does it make sense to utilize the government’s “Red Flags”?
- What are the objectives they are intended to achieve?
- What are other things that can be done to further meet those objectives?
- How do you learn from losses incurred to reduce future losses?
- What are ways identity fits into an overall fraud control program?
- What might identity solutions be changing?
Areas we will be covering:
The four areas covered by Red Flags:
- Credit Report data
- Suspicious documents
- New Accounts, Suspicious information
- Existing Accounts, Suspicious changes
New ideas in customer identity:
- New concept for address control
- The future of customer identity?
Audience that will benefit the most:
- Fraud Offices
- BSA/AML Professionals
- BSA/AML/Fraud VP, Manager, Director, Supervisor
- Compliance Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Corporate Investigators
- Management Personnel
- Front line Employees
- Financial Institution Branch Managers
- Law Enforcement
- Small Business Owners
- Forensic Auditors and Accountants
- Certified Fraud Examiners (CFES) Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (CAMS)
NASBA CPE - 1.5
Group Internet Based | 1.2 NASBA Credits (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Management Advisory Services (1.2 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - None | No advance preparation
Jim George is an independent consultant to banks focusing on issues of risk and compliance, AML, and fraud. He brings over 25 years as a consultant to major banks in associate partner and principal roles at PriceWaterhouse-Coopers Consulting, IBM Consulting in Bank Risk and Compliance, and Andersen Consulting (now Accenture).
He has also been SVP Operations for a major insurance company providing insurance outsourcing services to the banking industry. Mr. George work has included projects in AML and fraud investigation, prevention, identity/KYC issues, and related systems. His background includes work in bank operations and payments strategy, systems, reengineering, and quality improvement
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org