The Board of Directors Role in Cybersecurity - NASBA CPE 1.2
- Speaker:Rayleen Pirnie
- Product Code:GRC-90481
- NASBA CPE: 1.2
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar will break down the Board’s role in effective cybersecurity oversight, the 12 questions a board member should be knowing to answer, key principles of oversight, tips and resources for board.
There’s so much buzz today about cybersecurity, cyber-breaches, cyber-attacks, cyber-assessments, and cyber-threats that it’s easy to get lost and hard to uncover exactly what you need to understand as a board member or what to present to your board. All the buzz can create cyber-fatigue if you let it.
This session separates fact from hype and examines key aspects of what board members need to understand about cybercrimes and cybersecurity. Attendees will leave this session with actionable items, valuable resources, and key questions to ask to help measure your organization’s cybersecurity success.
- Assess the Board’s role in cybersecurity
- Record action and oversight items
- Document critical questions to ask of the organization
- Identify valuable resources
- What the Board does (and doesn’t) need to know about cybersecurity
- Key principals for effective oversight
- Guidance including the FFIEC, banking Regulators, ISACA, National Association of Corporate Directors and NIST
- State initiatives for increased cybersecurity
- Cyber risks in a nutshell
- 12 questions every Board member should know the answer to (updated for 2018!)
- Action items
- Tips for the Board
- Routing updates vs. actual incident
- What should regularly be presented to the board regarding cybersecurity
- Tips for responding to board inquiries
This course is beneficial for board members and anyone tasked with the responsibility of reporting to the board, including information technology, information security, executive management, and internal trainers:
- Internal Auditors
- Legal Departments
- Compliance Officers
- Purchasing Managers
- QC Managers
- QA Managers
- Quality and Sales Department Staff
- Compliance Consultants
- Senior Management
Next Online and Two Day Events:
Inperson – ACH Risk Management: 1.5 day Workshop
NASBA CPE - 1.2 - Group Internet Based | 1.2 NASBA Credits (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - None | No advance preparation
Business Management & Organization – 30 Minutes – 0.6 CPE | Management Advisory Services – 30 Minutes - 0.6 CPE| TOTAL – 1.2 NASBA CPE Credits
Rayleen is the founder and owner of RP Payments Risk Consulting Services, LLC. based in Missouri. She is a nationally recognized payments risk and fraud expert who offers specialized consulting services, procedural and risk management reviews, and payments education. Rayleen’s specialized skill is delving into the world beyond the payment rules; areas where organizations often find themselves in positions of liability or loss with little to no clear guidance. She is an Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) who has worked with all payment systems for nearly 20 years, and a Certified Enterprise Risk Professional (CERP). Rayleen also holds a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration.
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org