Commercial Loan Documentation - NASBA CPE - 1.5
- Speaker:Jeffery Johnson
- Product Code:GRC-90332
- NASBA CPE: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Internet Based | 1.5 (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Banking - 1.5 CPE | Basic Level | No advance preparation
Loan Documentation for commercial loans is a critical component in lending. After the decision to make a loan has been made, the next step is the documentation and closing process. This part of the lending process is essential in order to avoid loan losses due to poor documentation. Many community banks assign this important responsibility to Loan Officers and Loan Administrators. If not performed properly, poor documentation can cause loans to be adversely classified even if the underlying credit is sound or if the loan is performing as agreed.
The purpose of this workshop is to provide participants with a good understanding of the Commercial Loan Documentation process from approval to closing. Participants will be exposed to the five steps in the loan documentation process, which include
- Identifying the Borrower
- Identifying and Documenting the Collateral
- Evidencing the Debt
- Attaching the Collateral
- Perfecting the Security Interest
A. Documents to Evidence and to Support Borrowing
- Loan Application
- Financial Statements
- Credit Memorandum
- Typical business structures (Corporations, Limited Liability Companies)
- Notification Requirement
- Corporate and Partnership Resolutions
- Opinion Letters
- Certificates of Good Standing
- Articles of Incorporation
- Promissory Note
- Loan Agreements
- Proposal Letters
- Commitment Letters
- Security Agreement
- Deed to Secure Debt
- Hypothecation Agreement
- Guaranty Agreement
- Subordination Agreement
- Landlord’s Waiver
- Insurance Policies
- Uniform Commercial Code Financing Statements
- Deed to Secure Debt
After completing this course the participant will:
- Recognize the documents required to complete the five steps in the documentation process
- Have a good working knowledge of the purpose of each document
- Be able to provide a broad overview of the loan documents’ provisions
- Know the rules of attaching collateral
- Know the rules of perfecting the security interest
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP?
This workshop is directed towards Loan Officers, Loan Operations Staff, Loan Administrators and anyone else involved in the lending process, including but not limited to:
Commercial Loan Officers, Loan Operations Personnel, Consumer Loan Officers,Loan Documentation Personnel,Branch Managers , Administrative Asst. to Loan & Credit Officers,Senior Credit Officers, Auditors,Senior Loan Officers ,Loan Review Personnel &Credit Analysts.
Jeffery Johnson’s banking career expands 36 years working for large, regional and community banks. He started his career with SunTrust National Bank in Atlanta as a Management Trainee and progressed to Vice President and Senior Lender for SouthTrust Bank (a large Southeastern Regional Bank) and Senior Vice President and Commercial Banking Division Manager for Citizens Trust Bank of Atlanta (Community Bank).
Most of his career has been spent in Credit Administration, Lending (Commercial, Consumer and Real Estate), Business Development, Loan Review, Management and Training & Development. He has managed loan portfolios representing a cross section of loan types including: Large Corporate, High Net Worth Individuals, Middle Market Companies, Small Businesses, Real Estate and Non-Profit Organizations and managed several loan officers with portfolio management responsibilities.
Mr. Johnson is now a training professional in the banking industry by leading various seminars covering important topics relating to issues in banking. He teaches actively for twenty-two state banking associations and community banking associations in the United States, Risk Management Association (RMA) and individual banks nationwide. He co-authored a training course entitled “Lending to Service and Other Professional Organizations” for RMA in 2001.
He led a week long Consumer Lending school for UNI Strategic in Singapore where bankers from Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore were in attendance and is scheduled to present the same program in Kuala, Lumpur in November 2012. He was also invited to lead a week long Advanced Commercial Lending & Commercial Loan Documentation in Dubai (United Arabs Emirates) hosted by IIR Middle East, a firm specializing in international conferences and seminars.
In order to stay abreast of issues facing banks, Mr. Johnson engages in Loan Reviews for his client banks. During an engagement, he reviews loans of all sizes to determine creditworthiness; compliance with banking rules and regulations; compliance with the bank’s internal credit policy; accuracy of the loan grade; completeness of the documentation file and other aspects such as portfolio trends, performance and capital adequacy.
Mr. Johnson earned a B.A. Degree in Accounting from Morehouse College in Atlanta, GA; a MBA in Finance from John Carroll University in Cleveland, Ohio; Diploma of Graduation from the Prochnow School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a Graduate Certificate in Bank Management from the First American Management Institute at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.