Creation of DHFs, DMRs, and DHRs utilizing the principles of Lean Documents and Lean Configuration
- Speaker:Jose Mora
- Date: 30th January 2019 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90531
Left to Register
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certification: GRCTS Completion Certificate
- DHF - Design History File
- DMR - Device Master Record
- DHR - Device History Record
Why should you attend:
Medical Device managers, engineers, QA personnel, as well as lean program leaders.
Do you find yourself constantly struggling to create, manage, and maintain all of the information found in DHFs, DMRs, and DHRs - which is often redundant, repetitive, and chained together in a cumbersome way? Do you find that your design and manufacturing resources are spending way too much time on documentation and not enough on engineering and design? This webinar presents a fresh new approach based upon solid principles and proven practices - as well as an alternative that avoids many of the pitfalls of traditional ways of preparing these documents.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Brief introduction to Lean Documents and Lean Configuration
- Quality System Regulation, 21 CFR Part 820, and ISO 13485 as it applies to DHF, DMR, and DHR
- Design History Files (DHF) content, development, and management
- Device Master Records (DMR) content, development, and management<
- Device History Record (DHR) content, development, and management
- Applying lean principles to creating, developing, and managing a DHF
- Applying lean principles to creating, developing, and managing a DMR
- Applying lean principles to creating, developing, and managing DHRs
Who will benefit:
- Managers, Supervisors, Directors, and Vice-Presidents in the areas of:
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Design Assurance
- Quality Assurance
- Document Control
- Target Audience:
- Design Engineers, Design Assurance, Quality Assurance
José Mora is a Principal Consultant specializing in Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Systems. For over 30 years he has worked in the medical device and life sciences industry specializing in manufacturing, process development, tooling, and quality systems. Prior to working full time as a consulting partner for Atzari Consulting, José served as Director of Manufacturing Engineering at Boston Scientific and as Quality Systems Manager at Stryker Orthopedics, where he introduced process performance, problem solving, and quality system methodologies. During that time he prepared a white paper on the application of lean manufacturing methods to the creation and management of controlled documents and a template for strategic deployment. José led the launch of manufacturing at a start-up urology products company as Director of Manufacturing for UroSurge, Inc. at the University of Iowa’s business incubator park in Coralville, IA, creating a world-class medical device manufacturing operation, with JIT, kanban systems, visual workplace and lean manufacturing practices.
José worked for 10 years at Cordis Corporation, now a Johnson & Johnson company, where he led the successful tooling, process development and qualification of Cordis’ first PTA (percutaneous transluminal angioplasty) catheter. His medical device experience includes surgical instruments, PTA & PTCA dilatation and guiding catheters, plastic surgery implants and tissue expanders, urology implants and devices for the treatment of incontinence, delivery systems for brachytherapy, orthopaedic implants and instruments, and vascular surgery grafts and textiles. During his time at Cordis, José managed the Maintenance and Facilities Department, taking that operation to a level rated as “tops” by the UK Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) during one of their intensive audits.
Jose managed Manufacturing Engineering as part of the Guiding Catheter Core Team of managers, a team that took the Cordis Guiding Catheter business to lead the market, bringing it up from fourth place. By introducing world-class techniques, the Guiding Catheter design and manufacturing was completely re-engineered for robust design and tooling, under Jose’s leadership. He was also instrumental and played a leadership role in the complete re-engineering of the Tooling Control System, including design drafting, the tool shop and technical support. Wherever he has worked, he has a track record of introducing world-class methodologies such as Kepner-Tregoe, Taguchi techniques, Theory of Constraints, Lean Manufacturing, Five S (Visual Workplace), process validation to Global Harmonization Task Force standards, and similar approaches.