Discipline and Documentation - Writing, Timing, Administration and Scrutiny - HRCI and SHRM Certification
- Speaker:Teri Morning
- Product Code:GRC-NR17
HRCI Credits: 1
SHRM Credits: 1
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
This training program will examine why badly worded documentation and suspiciously timed administration is at a minimum problematic and at worst, hard to justify in employment claims. Inconsistent documentation, which may be just bad management practices, can cause employment claims from suspicious employees. Considering that writing ill-suited documentation and administering inconsistent discipline is generally carried out by managers who practice a host of other bad management habits; taken together the factors create a situation akin to a compliance powder keg waiting to explode.
Why Should You Attend:
Managing from day one is the most important thing any employer can do for productivity purposes, compliance reasons, and employee development and employee engagement.
From a business perspective, training management employees how to write documentation and how to use the tools of employee development is undoubtedly the easiest and cheapest thing an employer can do to stave off unwarranted employment claims and to avoid losing valuable employees.
From an HR perspective, training managers of the basics of HR compliance can help to defend against a whole host of unwarranted employment claims, including those that often begin from miscommunication, misinformation, and mismanagement.
Even routine situations handled badly have the opportunity to blow up into suspicious explanations, hurt feelings, lowered productivity and worst of all, loss of talented employees.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Managing from day one – Using the 4 tools of a manager; coaching, performance reviews, performance improvement plans and discipline.
- The 12 elements of quality documentation.
- The 12 elements of problematic documentation.
- Avoiding questionable timing.
- Words and phrases to avoid. What to do instead.
- Having the hard conversations and what to do when those conversations don’t go as planned.
- What to do if someone is struggling doing their job for whatever the reason – having a process.
- What to do when an employee complains they are being managed or disciplined unfairly.
Who Will Benefit:
- Front line managers
- Department managers
- New HR personnel
- HR Manager
- Business Owners
- HR Personnel
- HR Executive
- HR Directors
- VP of HR
- Anyone newly promoted into a management position
SHRM PDCs - 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Teri Morning, MBA, MS, specializes in solving company “people problems.”
Teri is the founder and president of Hindsight Human Resources.
Teri also sources HR software solutions for incident tracking, employee relations, safety (Incident Tracker), compensation (Comp-ease) and performance management (Performance Pro).
Twenty+ years human resource and training experience in a variety of fields, including retail, distribution, architectural, engineering, consulting, manufacturing (union), public sector and both profit and non-profit companies.
Teri has enjoyed consulting with employers on their problems and trained managers and employees for over 20 years, meeting and working with employees from all types of businesses.
In addition to an MBA, Teri has a Master’s degree in Human Resource Development with a specialization in conflict management.
Teri was certified by the state of Indiana in mediation skills, and Teri is currently certified in project management and it management and qualified as a Myers Briggs practitioner. Teri has held the PHR, SPHR, SPHR-CA and SHRM-SCP certifications.