Handling Sensitive Dress Code Issues without Getting Sued
- Speaker:Audrey Halpern
- Product Code:GRC-90442
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
Use coupon code "GRCTS10" to avail a 10% Discount on your purchase
This course will cover the business of dress and appearance requirements for HR or managers.
Employers realize that their employees typically are the "face" of the company, and employers are finding it increasingly advisable to control that image.
HR, which is frequently responsible for policy development, must work with other parts of the organization to ensure that dress codes are managed consistently and fairly. Dress and appearance policies now require organizations to develop strategies that align with employer goals and culture while protecting the employer from discrimination claims and protecting employees' rights.
- Set and manage policies by working directly with internal managers, business partners and executives in handling issues such as inappropriate or provocative dress, unhygienic employees
- Identify and mitigate legal issues, such as protected class considerations, by working with the legal department.
- Work with employee requests for accommodations.
Areas to be Covered?
- How to Handle Provocative Clothing (and what word not to use)
- Where Dress Codes and Discrimination Claims Meet (and how to avoid them)
- How Far You Can Go … tattoos, facial hair, nose rings etc
- How to Deal with Transgender Dress-Related Issues
- How to Effectively Communicate Your Dress Code Expectations to Workers
- Dealing with Employees Who Consistently Push the Dress Code Envelope
- HR professionals, particularly those who are either in the process of implementing/changing a dress code policy or who is spending too much time on dress-code-related problems.
- Human Resource Professionals
- Employee Relations Professionals
- HR Administrators
- HR Manager
- HR Executive
- Team Leaders
SHRM PDCs - 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Audrey Halpern has had an exemplary 20+yr training facilitation/learning and development career, developing custom soft skills employee programs, on-boarding and Train the Trainer experiences. She is an experienced Facilitator, instructional designer, and learning and development/HR professional with a passion for making a difference.