EBIT/EBITDA - Understanding Your Profit and Loss Statement - NASBA CPE - 1.5
- Speaker:Candace Leuck
- Date: 19th November 2018 10:30 AM PST | 01:30 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90470
- NASBA CPE: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Internet Based | 1.5 (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Accounting - 1.5CPE (1.5 CPE) | Finance- 1.5CPE (1.5 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - None| No advance preparation.
This training program will review different types profit and loss statements, including a QuickBooks profit and loss standard layout as a complex, multi-fund example. Attendees will learn how to analyze growth or loss within a business or department by comparing progressive reports.
Why Should You Attend:
If you don’t prepare your own profit and loss statement, you may not understand what yours are trying to communicate about your business’ financial performance. Many business owners and senior executives have stacks of reports they never look at because none of them seem to make much sense. Understanding your P&L is vital to small businesses because it also serves as the income statement. Whether it’s time to apply for business credit or a loan, or time to sell your business, you’ll need to bring your P&Ls going back 2 to 3 years. This webinar will help you understand the terms, format, and key performance indicators of profit and loss statements.
- Understand the meaning and differences of various terms found on a profit and loss statement.
- Revenue, sales, valuation
- Costs, expenses, EBIT
- Gross profit, operating profit, net profit
- Know when each set of numbers should be reviewed, what they can tell you, and in which areas of your reports external business partners will be interested.
- Review different types profit and loss statements, including a QuickBooks profit and loss standard layout as a complex, multi-fund example.
- Discussion of periodic reports over time and how to analyze growth or loss within your business or department by comparing progressive reports, including suggestions for areas in which to look for typical problems and simple solutions.
- Learn how your chart of accounts affects various lines of your profit and loss statement.
- Questions to ask yourself and your accountant when reviewing your profit and loss statement and what the answers mean.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Critical elements of a profit and loss
- What are revenue, sales, and profit and when do I use these numbers?
- Profit and loss as an income statement
- Operating expenses, EBIT, EBITDA
- Where are the losses? - How to tell if you’re spending more or earning less
- More revenue is not growth – How do I tell the difference?
- How often should I review and run a P&L?
Who Will Benefit:
- CEO, COO, Company Owners
- Small Business Owners
- Entrepreneurs, Sole Proprietors, Self-Employed Professionals
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Grant Managers and Fund Directors
- Business Management Professionals
- Vice Presidents, Directors, and Senior Officers
- Board Directors/Members
- Business Brokers
- Investors or other Business Buyers
Candace Leuck began her professional career with Ernst & Young and has audit experience in various industries including manufacturers, automobile dealerships and securities brokers. She earned her Masters of Professional Accountancy from Clemson University and has held Certified Public Accountant designations in both South and North Carolina.
Ms. Leuck has been giving presentations, seminars, and webinars to audiences for over 30 years as well as teaching in university classrooms. She has been in consulting practice for the past ten years, specializing in new business formation, cash flow excellence, bankruptcy policy and proceedings and lean environment consultations.
In addition to her professional activities, she has served various philanthropic organizations; most recently on the Board of Directors of Girls Scouts, Cookie Project Honduras, Clemson Wesley Group and Clemson Club Sports.