How to Develop Effective Key Risk Indicators (KRI) - CPE Accredited
- Speaker:Mario Mosse
- Product Code:GRC-90499
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Key Risk Indicator, also known as KRI, is a metric used in risk management to indicate riskiness of an activity or the effectiveness of its associated controls. It is different than a Key Performance Indicator (KPI), which is a measure of how well an activity is being performed. KRIs are an important tool within risk management and are used to enhance the monitoring and mitigation of risks and facilitate risk reporting. KRIs are particularly useful in the management of operational risk, which is difficult to quantify. Operational KRIs enable risk managers to identify conditions that may result in losses and act upon them before actual losses are realized; the metrics also act as indicators of changes in the risk profile of a firm.
Why you should attend:
An effective Operational Risk Management function needs to develop and track metrics and other management information to be able to take timely action when there is indication that risk exposure exceeds the firm’s risk appetite or is trending in that direction. KRIs can be trended and provide risk exposure information on a quasi-real-time basis, unlike risk and control self-assessments, which are infrequent, qualitative in nature, and only present the status of risk and controls at a point in time. KRIs also validate and enhance the risk assessment framework by providing objective information that either confirms or reject the subjective assessment reached by the process owners.
Areas to be covered during this session:
- Introduction to Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Importance of KRIs
- KRI Categories
- KRI Program Components
- Setting Risk Appetite Thresholds
- Tracking and Reporting
- Action Plans
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Major Challenges
- KRI Refinement
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all personnel in:
- Asset Managers,
- Insurance Companies and all other financial institutions
- Other large Corporations
- Risk Software Vendors
- Audit Firms
- Risk Management Consulting
NASBA CPE - 1.5
Group Internet Based | 1.5 NASBA Credits (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Management Services (1.5 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - General 1099 and W9 Knowledge| No advance preparation
Mario Mosse has 40 years of experience in enterprise risk management, internal audit and regulatory compliance at financial services companies. He is the president of MMosse Consulting, LLC, where he provides risk management advice and training to the financial services industry. Previously, he was the head of Operational Risk Management at Prudential Financial, Inc. Prior to joining Prudential, Mosse was with The Chase Manhattan Bank, where he held several senior positions in Internal Audit and Risk Management.
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org