Roles and Responsibilities of a Successful Controller (2 parts) - NASBA Accounting CPE - 4.5
- Speaker:Miles Hutchinson
- Product Code:GRC-90291
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Internet Based | 4.5 (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Accounting - 1.5CPE (1.5 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - None| No advance preparation.
Ever wonder what it would be like to take on the controller’s role at your company? Or does your company need to design a controllership position? This is a specialized role and should be carefully crafted to fit the company’s needs. In addition, candidates should be groomed specifically to assume this role. Join us for a thorough examination of the roles and responsibilities of the controller in today’s environment and learn what it takes to be successful at this level of the organization.
What We Will Cover:
In this course you will learn what it takes to become a successful Controller. In just four hours we will identify the primary functions and responsibilities of the Controller and how your role will change as you move into this position. Identify the key skills and traits that will prepare you to succeed and excel in this challenging and exciting role. Learn to communicate effectively with other members of senior leadership so they will count you an important financial advisor in their business decisions.
Why Should You Attend:
Accounting Managers, Financial Analysts, and anyone considering stepping into this valuable and exciting position. CEOs who wish to learn more about the role of controller and how to design the position to fit the company’s needs.
Areas Covered in this session:
In just two content packed 120 minute segments you will gain the following insights:
Session 1: 12:30 PM Eastern till 2:30 PM Eastern
- Roles and responsibilities of the Controller – All companies are not alike. How to fit the role of controller to the company
- Controller Vs Treasurer, CFO, and Financial Analyst - The many shoes must you fill: flexing your role
- Skills possessed by successful Controllers – What other Controllers want to tell you
- Effective leadership – Key skills, the absence of which could be terminal
- Proven management tools – Clear instructions, balanced reviews, resolving conflict, best motivators
- Partnering with your boss – Providing the assurance that you have things under control and are keeping them informed
with a 30 Minute break.
Session 2: 3:00 PM Eastern till 4:00 PM Eastern
- Technical tools – Forecasting, Reporting, Analytics
- Managing the budgeting process – Discover best practices for working with departmental and business unit leadership to develop believable and achievable operational and capital expenditure plans
- Preparing believable forecasts – Receive a checklist of best practices in financial modeling; Introduction to Excel’s best sensitivity tools
- Performing effective financial analysis – Test drive an Excel model containing horizontal, vertical and ratio analysis of the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement. BONUS: Receive a copy of this model for later use.
- Managing regulatory audits – Being supportive while appropriately managing regulator’s access to information
- Managing financial audits – how your approach must differ from regulatory audits
Who Will Benefit:
- Accounting Managers
- Financial Analysts
- Tax Managers
- New Controllers
- Compliance Managers
- Risk Managers
Companies and Associations:
All types of entities including For Profit, Not for Profit, Government (Federal and State) – everyone who hires an independent contractor has reporting obligations
AICPA, CGMA, IOMA, TAPN
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. He is recognized as an expert in payroll and sales & use tax as well as financial modeling & analysis, business strategy and communications. He is the author of several useful accounting and tax tools. His clients include, Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, US Marine Corps, and the US Army. Please visit his web sites to see how you can further benefit from his expertise.
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org