HR Files Know-How: Keeping Your Employment Records (and You) Organized - HRCI & SHRM Certification Available
- Speaker:Melveen Stevenson
- Date: 27th September 2018 09:00 AM PST | 12:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90408
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHRM PDCs - 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Any HR professional knows that a major part of their responsibility is keeping the company’s personnel files organized – for many legal reasons, but also because it helps to keep your operations go smoothly. Just as important, it helps keep you organized so you won’t derail or become distracted during your already busy day. This course will give you a framework for your record keeping and employee-related retention system while considering governmental requirements. It will also help you create a sensible plan for staying organized.
In this webinar, you will learn about record keeping obligations imposed on employers by federal and state employment laws, glean best practices, and consider strategies and tactics that you could apply to your organization.
- Design and perform a records retention audit
- Plan, develop, and implement a records management program, including periodic check-in’s
- Identify the types of records, forms, and documents you should maintain access to, archive, or destroy
- Assess methods for storing and accessing sensitive documents and information, including security considerations
Who Should Attend:
- Human resources professionals at all levels
- Anyone with direct administrative responsibilities for employee-related file retention
- Anyone with leadership oversight of employee-related information
- Business owners who have no HR manager or staff
Melveen Stevenson is the CEO and founder of M.S.Elemental, LLC, a human resources and business advisory firm based in Los Angeles, California. As a certified HR professional with a background in accounting and finance, she helps companies to navigate the human resources “jungle” of compliance, human capital, and leadership challenges. By using an encompassing business approach, she helps to strengthen the infrastructure of organizations from the inside out, specifically through leadership development, operations, training, and employee engagement.
Upon graduating from the University of Hawaii at Manoa where she studied accounting, Melveen began her career at a large international accounting firm, then international banking. After completing her MBA degree at Michigan State University’s Eli Broad Graduate School of Management, she embarked upon her human resources career, inspired by the desire to support and drive organizational success through human capital. She has held leadership positions in human resources operations, supply chain, and talent management at international companies in food manufacturing, medical products, and consumer products. She has also worked internationally.
Melveen is certified through the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM-SCP) and the Human Resources Certification Institute (SPHR). In addition, she is certified in Extended DiSC® and is a Certified Holistic Health Practitioner.