Evaluation & Management Coding Audits- Telling an Accurate Patient Story
- Speaker:Pam Joslin MM, CMC, CMIS, CMOM, CMCO, CEMA, CMCA-EM
- Date: 10th January 2019 10:30 AM PST | 01:30 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90453
Left to Register
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRCTS Attendance Certificate
This session will expand your knowledge of evaluation and management coding audits. Greater scrutiny from the OIG, government-contracted and third-party auditors make practice self-checks of physician E/M coding more important than ever. CMS sees physician education and outreach as critical parts of an effective enforcement strategy and clarify policies when inconsistencies in billing practices arise. Attend this program to enhance your understanding of level-of-service audits. Improving audit proficiency will reduce risk and promote accurate claim submissions in your healthcare organization.
- Gain useful information and tools for understanding the E/M auditing process
- Increase your understanding of documentation requirements for the three key components - history, exam and medical decision-making.
- Take a proactive stance and learn to implement your own self-audit procedures. Conducting your own E/M coding audits is considered “best practices.”
- The benefits of establishing an effective chart audit process
- Step-by-step review of documentation requirements for ’95 vs. ’97 guidelines
- Guidance on selecting the level of medical decision-making
- Hands-on demonstration for aligning documentation to key components for “telling an accurate patient story”
- Understand how to implement and monitor an effective E/M audit plan
- Know how to tell an accurate patient story by aligning documentation to key components in the medical record
- Enhance skills in understanding the difference between Medical Decision-Making and Medical Necessity of the visit
- Identify areas of risk leading to E/M over or under coding and documentation
- Ensure that your coding practices are compliant with the regulations set forth by private and government payors
- Teach your providers and staff how to use documentation to maintain compliance and proper reimbursement
Who Will Benefit
- Clinical and practice staff involved in medical coding.
- Compliance officers and
- Office managers may also benefit.
Pamela Joslin has more than 20 years of medical practice management, billing and coding, auditing and compliance experience.
She is an engaging presenter via webinar, classroom and conference on every topic that may impact each step in the life of the revenue cycle of every practice.She has managed in medical practices ranging from single to multi-specialty groups, including ASC. She is an advocate of process improvement and maximizing and empowering employees to bring about the "best practice” results for your organization.
She received her Master’s in Management from University of Phoenix. Pam maintains memberships in professional organizations to support her continuing cycle of learning in the ever-changing healthcare industry.Pam is the owner and CEO of her medical consulting firm, Innovative Healthcare Consulting.