Excel Data Management Features Manage Data with Sorting, Filtering and other tools
- Speaker:Dennis Taylor
- Product Code:GRC-90305
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
Group Internet Based | 1.5 (1CPE for 50 minutes) | Specialized Knowledge (1.5 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - Comfortable working with Excel; some knowledge of sort and filter is helpful, but not required | No advance preparation
You can do more with Microsoft Excel worksheets than just calculate data -- you can tackle powerful data management needs with ease too! With just a bit of know-how, you can take advantage of the power of Excel to validate data (including the creation of pick lists to ease data entry chores), sort data (based on content, color, or icon), insert automatic subtotals, filter the data to see just what you need to see, convert data to a table and then filter interactively with Slicers, restructure columnar data that has been improperly grouped, eliminate duplicate records in a flash, and use powerful expanded functions to analyze the data in any list, regardless of size.
Key Learning Objectives of your Topic:
- Learn the fastest, most efficient ways to sort data; sort by content, by color, or based on the order of data in a custom list; sort in random order or by re-arranging columns left-to-right
- Re-structure improperly grouped columnar data with Flash Fill or the Text to Columns feature
- Master the myriad ways of filtering data to display just the data you need
- Eliminate duplicate records from a large database
- Insert a row of subtotals in a sorted list without tediously creating new rows and formulas
- Create drop-down lists to accelerate data entry, with improved accuracy and consistency
- Convert lists into tables – gain easier data-handling, filtering with Slicers, and enhanced visual features
- Learn valuable functions that help you understand your data – COUNTIF, SUMIF, and more…
Areas you will be touching during the Session:
- Data Validation
- Advanced Filter
- Converting data to a Table
- Using Slicers to accentuate fields currently being shown (and which ones are not)
- Automatic insertion of Subtotals
- Eliminating duplicate entries in a list
- Use functions designed to work with list-like data
What industries will benefit from your training:
If you are familiar with many of Excel’s features, but have limited use with data management tools, you are a good candidate for this course. Also, those users familiar with sorting and filtering but new to using tables will also benefit from this session. These features are potentially valuable to nearly all Excel users.
Who will benefit from this topic:
Anyone needing to manage lists of data by using validation, sorting, filtering, using slicers, and other data management features will benefit from this presentation.
Dennis Taylor has taught thousands of Excel seminars and classes since the early 90’s, is the author/presenter of over 600 Excel webinars, and authored or co-authored six books on spreadsheet software. He has taught hundreds of public Excel seminars in the US and Canada since 2006 and has recorded over 100 Excel courses both for online and DVD distribution.
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority o