FMLA Self-Audits: Find and Fix Your Leave Practice Problems Before the Feds Do - HRCI & SHRM Certifications
- Speaker:Teri Morning
- Date: 5th February 2019 11:30 AM PST | 02:30 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90536
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Left to Register
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
This FMLA Self-Audit webinar will teach how to review and revise your FMLA policies and administer them with more confidence, Define an action plan for conducting an internal audit of your company’s leave administration, Review your FMLA practices and curb abuse of your leave policies, Recognize organizational non-compliance with the FMLA and how to address it.
Why Should You Attend:
If the Department of Labor (DOL) takes an interest in investigating your organization’s Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) practices, watch out! Should they uncover systemic FMLA problems, your company could be on the hook for high-priced penalties.
The best defense lies in conducting your own FMLA self-audit and correcting any problems before a DOL investigation or employee lawsuit arises. But what should you be looking at? How do you get started? And, most importantly, what should you do if your FMLA audit reveals problems?
This comprehensive webinar outlines how to conduct a thorough FMLA self-audit. Attorney Teri Morning will help you feel secure in your FMLA practices and endure possible DOL investigations as the agency steps up its renewed focus on enforcement.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- The importance of understanding FMLA requirements and recent updates
- Why conducting a FMLA self-audit is always a smart maintenance move
- What your audit should cover—FMLA recordkeeping, training, leave procedures, and more
- What the DOL will look for during a FMLA investigation
- Leave trends
- Leave requests
- Trends in approvals and responses to requests by Supervisor and Group/Department
- Interviews with employees, supervisors, administrators, managers
- Records of requests, notices, determinations, medical
- Certifications and e-certification
- Employer’s FMLA Policy and Handbook
- Why training employees in FMLA compliance is essential—and pointers on how to ensure that managers know the proper steps to take to respond to requests, returns to work, etc.
- Why communicating your FMLA leave policy—and having a policy readily available—is so important
- How to ensure that your FMLA forms are up-to-date and compliant
- The importance of proper FMLA-related correspondence
- How to ensure that you’re following recertification guidelines within the proper time frame
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resource Managers
- Risk Managers
- Benefit Specialists
- Business Owners
- General Managers
- Controllers/ CFOs / Financial Managers
- Teri Morning, MBA, MS, specializes in solving company “people problems.”
- Teri is the founder and president of Hindsight Human Resources.
- Teri also sources HR software solutions for incident tracking, employee relations, safety (Incident Tracker), compensation (Comp-ease) and performance management (Performance Pro).
- Twenty+ years human resource and training experience in a variety of fields, including retail, distribution, architectural, engineering, consulting, manufacturing (union), public sector and both profit and non-profit companies.
- Teri has enjoyed consulting with employers on their problems and trained managers and employees for over 20 years, meeting and working with employees from all types of businesses.
- In addition to an MBA, Teri has a Master’s degree in Human Resource Development with a specialization in conflict management.
- Teri was certified by the state of Indiana in mediation skills, and Teri is currently certified in project management and it management and qualified as a Myers Briggs practitioner. Teri has held the PHR, SPHR, SPHR-CA and SHRM-SCP certifications.