FinCEN's New CDD Rule - The New Fifth Prong of the AML - CPE Accredited
- Speaker:Jim George
- Product Code:GRC-90430
- NASBA CPE: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
This webinar will cover the FinCEN has issued substantial new AML requirements focused on a major expansion of Know Your Customer into what is now Customer Due Diligence, CDD.
It goes far beyond knowledge of the Customer Legal Entity to the Beneficial Owner of that entity and its Controlling Persons. It is focused beyond the initial customer acceptance step, requiring updating and ongoing monitoring against baseline “normal” activity for the customer type. It is very unlikely that many banks already comply with these requirements. Full compliance implementation is required by May 11, 2018.
Areas we will be covering:
- The existing 4 prongs/pillars of AML per the BSA
- Overview of the new 5th prong/pillar
- Triggers that caused this expansion of regulations
- Purposes, per FinCEN
- Three covered entity types
- Customer legal entity
- Beneficial owners
- Controlling persons
- New Requirements
- Risk profile
- Baseline/normal transactions
- Transaction monitoring
Audience who will benefit the most:
- Risk Management
NASBA CPE - 1.5
Group Internet Based | 1.5 NASBA Credits (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - None | No advance preparation | Management Advisory Services – 30 Minutes – 0.6 CPE Credits | Regulatory Ethics – 30 Minutes – 0.6 CPE Credits
Jim George is an independent consultant to banks focusing on issues of fraud. He has over 25 years’ experience as a consultant to major banks in associate partner and principal roles at PriceWaterhouse-Coopers Consulting, IBM Consulting in Bank Risk and Compliance, and Andersen Consulting (now Accenture). He has also been SVP Operations for a Fortis-US division providing outsourcing services to the banking industry.
His work includes projects in fraud investigation, fraud prevention, identity issues, compliance, and AML (anti-money laundering). Mr. George’s background also includes work in bank operations and payments strategy, re engineering, systems, and quality improvement.