Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be emailed to you within 24 hours prior to the date of the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to you along with the login instructions.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the instructions provided by email and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio (Connect to the audio using your phone - Recommended). Please use the exact name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answers to your questions through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions. You can also type in your questions using Chat box in the meeting window.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of the webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you haven't received an email within 6 working days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to access the webinar recording will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is valid for 6 months.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD/ USB - How it works
The order will be processed within 2 working days from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. You can access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any clarifications.
NASBA CPE: 1.5
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based, Field of Study: Finance and Accounting, Level: Basic, Intermediate, Prerequisites: None, Advanced Preparations - None.
How did your business unit perform last year? What’s the trend over the last three to five years? How can this information help you identify the key things you need to focus on in the upcoming year?
Why you should participate:
Accounting and finance is supposed to be the international language of business. If so, then why do we struggle so much to make sense of the numbers? Are we so busy managing our business and leading our staff, that we don’t have time to wade through the financials, discover the trends, draw proper conclusions and take appropriate action? What if our peers, or worse, our competition understands our numbers better than we do?In this session, Miles Hutchinson, experienced CGMA and business adviser, will explain how to quickly and thoroughly analyze the financial condition and results of operations of any publicly traded company!
Grab a cup of coffee and join us to learn how to analyze the numbers, and use this intel to juice up virtually every facet of your organization’s operations from marketing, to finance, to HR, to customer service and sales. Use our proven model to quickly assess the financial condition and results of operations of any business using trend and ratio analysis. Join C-suites and business analysts from around the country and empower your team to maximize the benefit from your crystal clear understanding of the numbers.
Areas Covered in the topic:
- Review the components of the annual report of a prominent publicly traded company and learn how to use this wealth of information
- Use the annual report to perform a fundamental financial analysis
- Learn the various types of financial analysis and their purpose
- Learn the key ratios to evaluate a company’s liquidity, leverage and operating performance
- Identify the key benchmarks to help determine whether a company’s ratios are in line with competitors
- Understand horizontal and vertical analysis and how they can be used to identify key trends
- Bonus: receive our advanced excel hosted financial model complete with all ratios, horizontal and vertical analysis
- Use our model to perform financial analysis on other company financial statements, including yours
- Receive benchmark information to use in determining the quality of your analyses
- Learn about resources available to perform comparative studies between companies in the same economic sector – even private companies
- Participate in Q and A at the end of the meeting.
- Presentation Slides
- Financial Statement Analysis Excel Model
- Harley Davidson Form 10K
Who Will benefit:
- Financial Executives
- HR Managers
- Accounting Managers
- Department Managers
- Business Unit Managers
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a one billion dollar real estate development company. Miles is a highly sought after professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2500 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, including tax, financial analysis and financial modeling, accounting matters, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Among his clients are, Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Burger King, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Harmon, Home Depot, Pfizer, Siemens, Sonic, the U.S. Marine Corps, and the U.S. Army.