Developing Effective Financial Statements - NASBA Certification
- Speaker:David H. Ringstrom, CPA
- Product Code:GRC-90436
- NASBA CPE: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
Use coupon code "GRCTS10" to avail a 10% Discount on your purchase
NASBA CPE - 1.5
Group Internet Based | 1.5 NASBA Credits (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Computer Software & Applications (1.5 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - Previous Experience with Excel Spreadsheets | No advance preparation
Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, takes you step-by-step through the process of creating dynamic accounting reports for any month of the year on just one worksheet. Excel users often build worksheets for each month of the year, but such worksheets can be cumbersome to revise. As an alternative, David explains how to use Excel functions, including VLOOKUP, OFFSET, and SUM, to quickly create accounting reports that allow you to switch to any reporting period with only two mouse clicks. He also outlines how to export data from your accounting package, improve the integrity of your spreadsheets, incorporate Check Figures and Alarms into you work, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He’ll draw to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
- Discovering how Microsoft Query allows you to create self-updating links to databases, spreadsheets, text files, and other data sources.
- Using the SUMIFS function to sum values for a single account or a range of account numbers.
- Creating an in-cell list by way of Excel’s Data Validation feature.
- Building and exporting a twelve-month Profit & Loss report from QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop as a model for what to look for when exporting from other applications.
- Using the Query Wizard within Microsoft Query to choose the relevant columns from your accounting report export.
- Extracting data dynamically for a given month or year to date by way of the OFFSET function.
- Exploring the nuances of data exported from accounting programs, such as extraneous worksheets, blank columns, and extraneous rows.
- Creating a workbook with just two worksheets that will present data for any month of the year.
- Using the LEFT and VALUE functions to separate account numbers from account names when necessary.
- Understanding the nuances of using Microsoft Query to extract data from other Excel spreadsheets.
- Define how to create accounting reports for any month of the year on a single worksheet.
- Apply Conditional Formatting to draw attention to reports that don’t balance to the source data.
- State how to export data from an accounting package to create a “set-and-forget” link to accounting data in Excel.
Who Can Attend:
- Practitioners who can benefit from learning how to create monthly financial statements more effectively using Excel.
- Anyone who wants to grow in the area of Excel Spreadsheet
- Companies that depend highly on Excel.
Nationally recognized Microsoft Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is the president and owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc. based in Atlanta, Georgia. David founded Accounting Advisors in 1991 as a consulting-services business, later he began teaching continuing education classes as well. His mission since is to offer quality training and consulting services on Microsoft Excel via live webcasts, on-demand self-study webcasts, and in-house engagements. David has taught hundreds of webinars on Excel and other topics, in addition to speaking at conferences and in-house engagements.
David has developed training courses based on his 25 years of experience in Consulting. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what many users don’t know but should know about Microsoft Excel.
His mission is to offer quality training on Excel and additional accounting software via live webcasts, on-demand self-study webcasts, and in-house engagements. More than 24 providers, located throughout the country as well as overseas, now look to David for their Excel and accounting software training needs.
David’s Excel courses cover the gamut of the software’s features and functions to provide CPAs as well as accounting and financial professionals the knowledge they need to work more efficiently and effectively in Excel. His comprehensive yet easy to understand presentations cover Excel 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007. David’s webcasts are fast paced, and he welcomes attendees’ questions. In addition, his detailed handouts and slides serve as handy reference tools students can fall back on after participating in his webcasts or taking his self-study courses.
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org