Form W-4 for 2018: Best Practice and Compliance Requirements - HRCI CPE - 1.5
- Speaker:Vicki M. Lambert
- Product Code:GRC-90334
HRCI Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
This webinar covers the IRS Form W-4 for 2018 including the requirements for completing the form properly, handling non-resident aliens, state equivalent forms, record retention and processing the form electronically instead of on paper. Discusses best practices for processing more efficiently within the department.
The importance of the Form W-4 is fundamental to the payroll department. Most payroll functions from beginning to end rely on the information provided on the form. It is the foundation for the taxation of an employee’s paycheck as well as a required IRS form. Failure to handle the form correctly and completely can open the door to serious problems not only in properly withholding from the employee’s gross wages but its ramifications could extend beyond the regulations and affect payroll customer service or employee morale. It can even lead to costly expenditures of time and budget resources to correct non-compliance consequences. Questions arise in processing the forms almost daily in a payroll department. Is it a valid form? If not, what should payroll do to correct the problem? Can the employee request a flat dollar amount on the form? Can the form designate a percentage of wages for taxes? These are the types of questions that must be answered to process the form completely and correctly. And it isn’t just the federal form that payroll must process; many states have their own version of the form or use the federal form for state tax withholding.
Areas covered in this webinar:
- Changes to the form for 2018
- The effective date of new and revised Form W-4 information
- Effective methods for handling incomplete or improperly completed forms
- When you must send Form W-4 to the IRS—it’s not what you think!
- Effective strategies for streamlining your processing procedures you can use right now
- How to withhold federal taxes in the absence of a valid Form W-4
- The difference between an invalid form and a “questionable” one
- The record retention requirements for Form W-4
- How to make employee verification part of your Form W-4 process
- Tips on setting up an electronic system for Form W-4
- Proper handling of IRS lock-in letters
- State equivalent forms versus Form W-4
- When an employee must submit a new form versus when they may submit a revised form
- How to deal with visas and Form W-4
Who can Benefit:
- Payroll Professionals
- Human Resources
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners
- Attorneys, or any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and technicalities of ensuring compliance within the payroll process
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training.
With over 35 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today.
A pioneer in electronic and online education, Ms. Lambert produces and presents payroll related audio seminars, webinars and webcasts for clients, APA chapters and business groups throughout the country. Ms. Lambert is an adjunct faculty member at Brandman University in Southern California and is the creator of and instructor for their Practical Payroll Online program, which is approved for recertification hours by the APA. She is also the Program Developer, Subject Matter Expert (SME), and Facilitator for the Certificate in Payroll Practice and Management Program offered by Cengage Learning / Ed2Go through hundreds of colleges and universities across the country.