Forms W-2 and W-4 Update and Best Practices - CPE Accredited
- Speaker:Miles Hutchinson
- Date: 28th November 2018 09:00 AM PST | 12:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90479
- NASBA CPE: 1.5
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Left to Register
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. You can access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any clarifications.
Learn the latest updates on Form W-4 (major change planned for 2019) and Form W-2 wage and withholding reporting. This webinar will prepare your staff for this filing year, improve your employee reporting set-up and maintenance practices, and reduce your risk of complaints from the IRS.
Experienced CGMA and businessman Miles Hutchinson will review the current law and regulations regarding the filing of Forms W-2 and preparation of new Forms W-4 for 2019 and will provide practical guidance in these areas that have become the subject of increasing IRS scrutiny.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
Opt for a 6 month On Demand/ Recording if you are unavailable to attend the Live Meeting
In just ninety minutes you will gain the following insights:
- Review legal and regulatory changes for the reporting year
- Benefits/credits about to expire
- Retirement funding – new thresholds
- Updated forms, including the new 2019 form W-4 (no longer based on exemption allowances)
- Reporting the cost of employer sponsored health coverage – which employers are affected, when employers must begin reporting, what to report, valuation methods, etc.
- How to handle expense reimbursements made to employees - reportable/taxable?
- How to efficiently execute an electronic W-4 program
- Verifying employee social security numbers online
- Electronic filing with the SSA using Business Services Online (BSO) – the requirements and benefits
- Where to turn when you want to transmit employee copies of W-2’s electronically
- What your company can do to minimize resource consumption when complying with this regulatory reporting requirement
- What if we make a mistake? Corrections and penalties
- The expert will remain online to answer all of your questions related to this topic.
Who Will Benefit:
This webinar will be invaluable for Accountants, CFOs, Payroll personnel, Human Resources, Accounts Payable personnel, Tax Managers and Attorneys.
- Bank Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Information Reporting Officers
- Tax Managers
- Accounting Managers
- IT Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Risk Managers
SHRM PDCs - 1.5 - GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HRCI CPE - 1.5 - HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Miles Hutchinson, CGMA
Sales Tax Advisors, Inc.
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. He is recognized as an expert in payroll and sales & use tax as well as financial modeling & analysis, business strategy and communications. He is the author of several useful accounting and tax tools. His clients include, Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, US Marine Corps, and the US Army. Please visit his web sites to see how you can further benefit from his expertise.