Payroll Deductions:What Can and Cannot be Deducted from an Employee’s Wages 2017
- Speaker:Vicki M. Lambert
- Product Code:GRC-90081
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
In payroll we calculate the gross wages of an employee by meticulously following strict regulations on what must be or must not be counted as hours worked and taxable income. We pay the employee their net paycheck only by the payment method that is permitted. But what about in between? When it comes to deducting from the employee’s gross wages to achieve the net income are you also adhering strictly to the rules?
Failure to follow the regulations pertaining to employee wage deductions can result in substantial penalties and interest. Attend this 90 minute presentation to gain knowledge to protect your company.
AREAS COVERED IN THE WEBINAR:
• Taxes—which are mandatory, which are a courtesy, and which ones the employee controls
• Child support—the limits but not beyond
• Tax levies—federal and state
• Creditor garnishments—how many can you honor and how often
• Voluntary wage assignments for “payday loans”—when are they required to be honored
• Handling fringe benefits such as health insurance or group term life
• Uniforms—when the employer pays for it and when the employee furnishes it
• Meals—when they become part of the employee’s wages
• Lodging—when it is part of the employee’s wages and when is it a perk
• Shortages—the employee came up short so they have to cover that right?
• Breakage—you broke it so you have to pay for it, legal or not
• Overpayments—the employee was overpaid so you can just take the money back or can you?
• Advanced vacation pay—the employee knows the vacation hours were advanced so we can take them back when the employee quits can’t we?
• Loans to employees: what terms can be set while the employee is still active and what can be taken when the employee terminates
• Employee purchases—active employees and terminated employees
• Anti-wage theft laws and the states
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training. The company’s website www.thepayrolladvisor.com offers a payroll news service which keeps payroll professionals up-to-date on the latest rules and regulations.
With over 35 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today.
A pioneer in electronic and online education, Ms. Lambert produces and presents payroll related audio seminars, webinars and webcasts for clients, APA chapters and business groups throughout the country. Ms. Lambert is an adjunct faculty member at Brandman University in Southern California and is the creator of and instructor for their Practical Payroll Online program, which is approved for recertification hours by the APA. She is also the Program Developer, Subject Matter Expert (SME), and Facilitator for the Certificate in Payroll Practice and Management Program offered by Cengage Learning / Ed2Go through hundreds of colleges and universities across the country.