The Saving Grace of Internal HR Audits
- Speaker:Cathleen Hampton
- Product Code:GRC-90131
HRCI Credits: 2.00
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
In today’s competitive climate, companies must operate within the confines of a heavily-regulated environment. Given the fact that many HR departments are both understaffed and overworked, being proactive by purchasing liability insurance is good however, being preemptive is even better. You likely have dozens of HR policies and procedures covering everything from recruiting and hiring to termination and final paychecks. Problem is, new laws and regulations may have rendered many of them illegal – and you might never know. As a professional, you are faced with the challenge of finding legal pitfalls in your current HR policies and practices… before an aggressive attorney or a Labor Department investigator does! HR audits are a vital part of a comprehensive strategy to help avoid those areas of concern that may need immediate attention, identify gaps in practices, and help achieve and maintain a world-class competitiveness in key HR practice areas.
Areas Covered in the Session :
In this Webinar, we will be covering the following:
• Removing the mystery & easing the frustration of HR Audits
• The power of an HR Audit, making the case
• Most frequent compliance issues
• The process for conducting an audit
• Key HR areas to audit
• Six quick steps to a perfect audit
• Conducting a gap analysis
• Reporting concerns & recommending corrective action
• Continuous improvement
Who will benefit:
This webinar offers human resource professionals and business executives an understanding of how HR can better measure the effectiveness of its functions and programs and provides insight into solutions for minimizing risks. The worst case scenario is finding out in retrospect what you should have done to prevent the often hefty costs for not being aware of legal “hot button” HR issues.
Often in assessing a company’s business practices and legal compliance, the emphasis is on the company’s financial records. It is equally important, however, to assess HR policies and practices, including the less concrete and less tangible areas that deal with employee dignity and well-being. These are harder to measure, but their impact on productivity can be significant. Additionally, poor business practices can lead to very expensive legal sanctions. Just as regular audits help companies ensure proper financial practices, audits can be valuable tools in assessing HR policies and practices and ensuring that the company maintains a safe and respectful work environment.
Why should you attend:
How is your HR Department doing? How do you know? Noncompliance problems can be, and frequently are, the basis for significant financial risk. Answer these questions:
• Would your company pass an I-9 Audit?
• Do you provide the correct COBRA information at the right time?
• Do you understand records retention requirements for the various aspects of the function?
• Do you know what candidate information you must focus on retaining?
• How are FLSA policies applied and documented?
• Do you provide the appropriate employee access to employment laws?
If you are having trouble answering these questions you are at risk for a legal liability. Why wait for a surprise visit from external players? Learn to be more clairvoyant and fix your problems now.
Cathleen Hampton has more than 25 years of experience as a human resources professional providing subject matter expertise and consulting services in areas of risk and compliance, work force planning, and human capital strategy. She has a unique ability to analyze operations for risk and help maneuver cultural practices and compliance enhancements that increase organizational outcomes. She is a well-known speaker noted for presenting best-in-practice solutions focused on talent retention and operational strategies that outpaced major completion through strong and decisive business leadership.