Managing Employee Leave: Crafting Sound Policies and Procedures -HRCI 1.5
- Speaker:Janette Frisch
- Product Code:GRC-90174
HRCI Credits: 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
This webinar is a follow up to our webinar, “Understanding FMLA, ADA and Workers’ Comp Overlap” and “Dealing with Employee Leave Abuse. How do you figure out which laws apply, properly administer leave, and minimize leave abuse? Perhaps most importantly, how does an employer craft effective policies and procedures that staff can easily follow so your company stays ahead of the curve? Every employer, manager, executive, be they in life sciences, banking, pharmaceutical, medical device, manufacturing or any other industry is susceptible to leave interference claims by employees, state and federal agencies and also to employee leave abuse.
Why Should You Attend:
Employers regularly face challenges as to how to ensure high morale and productivity from their workers, which can be compromised by employee leave abuse. Solid, proactive employment practices can enable you to stay ahead of the curve and either side-step the challenge or meet it head on. Employers looking to get a handle on ensuring proper use of employee leave – before the employee goes out on leave will want to make sure they attend this webinar. Mark the date and time on your calendar.
Areas Covered in the Session:
In this webinar, we will concentrate on the following areas of concern among many others:
- • Creating and retaining records to maximize employee leave policy effectiveness;
- • Using call-in, attendance and vacation/sick leave policies to augment employee leave policies;
- • Practices to include in your policies to minimize leave abuse before and during leave;
- • Monitoring and investigating leave;
- • Return to work issues;
- • Termination/Discipline
- • Best Practices --- and more!
- • CEO’s, COO’s CFOs
- • Department Managers or Directors
- • Supervisors
- • Business Owners and Employers
- • HR Practitioners,
- • Leave Administrators
- • Benefits Administrators
- • Payroll and accounting managers
- • Payroll processing professionals
- Human Resources Directors, Managers and Specialists
Janette is an attorney with more than 20 years legal experience. Janette is the founder of her own firm. Janette works with employers on most employment law issues, acting as the Employer's Legal Wellness Professional - to ensure that employers are in the best position possible to avoid litigation, audits, employee relations problems, and the attendant, often exorbitant costs. Janette authors the firm's weekly blog and has written articles on many different employment law issues for many publications, including EEO Insight, Staffing Industry Review, @Law, and Chief Legal Officer.
Janette has also spoken and trained on topics, such as Criminal Background Checks in the Hiring Process, Joint Employment, Severance Arrangements, Pre-Employment Screening among many, many others. Janette is licensed in New Jersey and New York. In addition, Janette serves as a Legal Wellness Professional to employers outside New Jersey and New York on almost all federal employment law issues, to enable employees to address workplace challenges before they escalate to litigation or costly audits. Janette is also a contributor to the recently released book, "Hiring Greatness: How to Recruit Your Dream Team and Crush the Competition", published by John Wiley and Sons, and authored by David E. Perry and Mark J. Haluska.
Janette serves as a Task Force Member of the Workplace Violence Prevention Institute, a multi-disciplinary task force dedicated to providing proactive, holistic solutions to employers serious about providing a safe workplace for their employees.