Complying with Garnishment Orders - HRCI and SHRM credits 1.5
- Speaker:Miles Hutchinson
- Product Code:GRC-90377
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. You can access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any clarifications.
NASBA CPE: 1.5
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based, Field of Study: Accounting and Taxes, Level: Beginning and Intermediate, Prerequisites: None, Advanced Preparations - None.
SHRM PDCs - 1.5GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HRCI CPE - 1.5HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
One of the most frustrating payroll tasks is dealing with garnishment orders. Did you know that there are limits to the amount of pay that can be subjected to the orders or that the dates on the orders may influence their priority?
In this webinar, you will receive step by step guidance on how to evaluate and process the various types of garnishment orders including child support, spousal support, alimony, federal and state taxes, bankruptcy, student loans, and creditor garnishments.
Why Should you Attend:
Learn the rules established for employers to comply with garnishment orders. Discover the employee protections from termination and when the employer may discharge an employee for having too many garnishments. Ensure that your records and practices will stand the scrutiny of an audit. Avoid the onerous penalties for noncompliance and build the best defense against them.
Areas Covered in the Webinar: In just one hundred minutes you will gain the following insights:
- How to prioritize different types of levies when more than one applies to a single employee
- When to apply the Disposable Earnings v. the Take-home Pay approach to establishing the garnishment limit
- Learn the limitations on the amount that can be withheld for each type of levy
- State v. federal priorities and limitations – which applies when they conflict
- Wage assignments v. attachments
- Penalties for failure to honor levies
- When you may charge an administrative fee and when you may not
- How to report employee separation from employment
- Receive valuable federal and state forms, publications, tables and URLs
- Best Practices or handling garnishments
Who Will Benefit:
- Bank Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Information Reporting Officers
- Tax Managers
- Accounting Managers
- IT Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Risk Managers
- All types of entities including For Profit, Not for Profit, Government (Federal and State) – everyone who hires an independent contractor has reporting obligations
- AICPA, CGMA, IOMA, TAPN
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,500 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. He is recognized as an expert in payroll and sales & use tax as well as financial modeling & analysis, business strategy and communications. He is the author of several useful accounting and tax tools. His clients include, Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, CBS, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, U.S. Marine Corps, and the U.S. Army. Please visit his web sites to see how you can further benefit from his expertise.