Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. You can access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any clarifications.
NASBA CPE: 1.5
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based, Field of Study: Accounting and Taxes, Level: Beginning and Intermediate, Prerequisites: None, Advanced Preparations - None.
One of the most frustrating payroll tasks is dealing with garnishment orders. Did you know that there are limits to the amount of pay that can be subjected to the orders or that the dates on the orders may influence their priority?
In this webinar, you will receive step by step guidance on how to evaluate and process the various types of garnishment orders including child support, spousal support, alimony, federal and state taxes, bankruptcy, student loans, and creditor garnishments.
Learn the rules established for employers to comply with garnishment orders. Discover the employee protections from termination and when the employer may discharge an employee for having too many garnishments. Ensure that your records and practices will stand the scrutiny of an audit. Avoid the onerous penalties for noncompliance and build the best defense against them.
- How to prioritize different types of levies when more than one applies to a single employee
- When to apply the Disposable Earnings v. the Take-home Pay approach to establishing the garnishment limit
- Learn the limitations on the amount that can be withheld for each type of levy
- State v. federal priorities and limitations – which applies when they conflict
- Wage assignments v. attachments
- Penalties for failure to honor levies
- When you may charge an administrative fee and when you may not
- How to report employee separation from employment
- Receive valuable federal and state forms, publications, tables and URLs
- Best Practices or handling garnishments
- Bank Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Information Reporting Officers
- Tax Managers
- Accounting Managers
- IT Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Risk Managers
- All types of entities including For Profit, Not for Profit, Government (Federal and State) – everyone who hires an independent contractor has reporting obligations
- AICPA, CGMA, IOMA, TAPN