Project Management Best Practices: Completing Every Project On Time and On Budget
- Speaker:Chris DeVany
- Product Code:GRC-90448
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
SHRM PDCs - 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Managing projects can be a big headache sometimes; well, our Webinar is the perfect prescription! Our Webinar will provide the best practices of managing projects – you will receive tools, techniques and best practices to enable you to more effectively manage the projects you are assigned successfully – on time and on budget.
We will facilitate better understandings of process and project documents – including scope statements, communication plans, risk management plans, risk registers and change management plans - in order to better manage your initiatives. We’ll also discuss approaches to better identifying and engaging stakeholders.
We also will review consistent Key Project Challenges and Best Practices to Solve Those Challenges. We will address meeting project goals, developing the project business case, effective project planning with the team, five stages of team development, driving decision making from stakeholders and facilitating effective team meetings.
You will take away a better understanding of how project management can assist you in performing your role in your organization.
Let's face it - we are all managing projects every day! They may be simple or more complex, but undoubtedly you are managing projects within your role. You don't need to be a project manager to learn how to manage your projects effectively and efficiently. This interactive presentation will provide the basics of managing projects - regardless of their size or complexity. Webinar attendees will be provided a variety of tools, techniques and best practices to enable them to more effectively manage the projects they are assigned and the projects they want to undertake, including how to socialize initiatives to get buy-in from others.
This webinar will provide a simple step-by-step process for managing your projects. Attendees will learn how to use a variety of documents – scope statements, communication plans, risk management plans, risk registers and change management plans - in order to better manage their initiatives. Additionally, the importance of socializing initiatives as well as managing stakeholders to ensure commitment to initiatives and support needed to achieve goals will be discussed.
Challenges in managing projects will be covered as well as how to best address those challenges to keep your project moving forward. Other topics covered in this webinar to enable for increased effectiveness in managing projects and meeting project goals include: developing the project business case, effective project planning with the team, five stages of team development, driving decision making from stakeholders and facilitating effective team meetings.
Leave this webinar with a better understanding of how project management can assist you in performing your role in your organization.
Why should you attend:
By attending, you will understand how to even more effectively:
- Scale Project Scope Statements
- Develop the business case for your own projects
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Develop your Project Plan
- Itemize your Work Breakdown Structure and activity list
- Enhance your Communications Plan
- Identify, plan and manage project risks
- Manage changes to the project
- Report on status
- Drive decisions from the team and from key stakeholders
Would you like to get more (or all!) of the projects you manage in on time and on budget?
Are you concerned about people on your project teams not knowing enough about how to effectively manage a project? What about yourself?
Would you like some help to more effectively manage your projects?
Would you like to more effectively manage others’ expectations?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you should join us!
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Project Scope Statements
- Developing the business case for your own projects
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Developing your Project Plan
- Itemizing your Work Breakdown Structure and activity list
- Enhancing your Communications Plan
- Identifying, planning and managing project risks
- Managing changes to the project
- Reporting on status
- Driving decisions from the team and from key stakeholders
Who will benefit:
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
- HR Manager
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, and Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He also has consulted to government agencies from the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Canada, Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance, in publications ranging from ASTD/Performance in Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill and often accompanied by in-person, facilitated instruction, has helped and continues to help thousands of executives, managers and team leaders improve performance.
He has appeared hundreds of times on radio and television interview programs to discuss mergers and acquisitions (how to manage and survive them), project management, sales, customer service, effective workplace communication, management, handling rapid personal and organizational change and other topical business issues. He has served or is currently serving as a board member of the International Association of Facilitators, Sales and Marketing Executives International, American Management Association, American Society of Training and Development, Institute of Management Consultants, American Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International and National Speakers Association. Chris is an award-winning Toastmaster’s International Competition speaker. He recently participated in the Fortune 500 Annual Management Forum as a speaker, panelist and seminar leader.
Chris has distinguished himself professionally by serving multiple corporations as manager and trainer of sales, operations, project management, IT, customer service and marketing professionals. Included among those business leaders are Prudential Insurance, Sprint, BayBank (now part of Bank of America), US Health Care and Marriott Corporation. He has assisted these organizations in mergers and acquisitions, facilitating post-merger and acquisition integration, developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, organizing inbound and outbound call center programs, training and development of management and new hires, and fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovation initiatives. Chris holds degrees in management studies and organizational behavior from Boston University. He has traveled to 22 countries and 47 states in the course of his career.