Beyond Handbooks, Benefits, and Photo IDs: The Role of HR and Management in New Employee Onboarding - HRCI and SHRM PDCs - 1.5
- Speaker:Dr. Susan Strauss
- Date: 4th December 2018 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90486
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Left to Register
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
By 45 days after a new employee begins their job, 20 percent quit! By 7 months, 50 percent have quit. Forty six percent of new hires fail within 18 months, and only 19 percent achieve success. The exodus of these new hires costs the employer approximately 20 percent of each employee’s salary. Considering the percentage of employees who never engage with their new job – the costs are enormous. If those employees engaged, research shows that the stock value will have higher earnings per share, and the business will experience 22 percent higher profitability, 21 percent higher productivity, 10 percent higher customer engagement, 25 percent to 65 percent lower turnover, 37 percent lower absenteeism, 28 percent lower shrinkage (theft), and 48 percent fewer staff safety incidents.
Whether you call it Onboarding, Induction, Enculturation, or New Employee Orientation (NEO), the process used to welcome,, train, and engage your new employees while capturing their excitement of a new job and reducing their new job jitters, is critical to their success. NEO is not a one day event, but rather a process that begins after their acceptance of the job and extends through the first year of their employment. Studies show that the new arrival's primary concerns are three things--my job, my boss, and my coworkers. Dealing with new employee jitters and uncertainties is a high priority in orientation programs. How long this mental mayhem lasts may depend a great deal on employee orientation. It is estimated that 50 percent to 60 percent of new hires quit within the first seven months of their employment!
- To describe new-hire web-based onboarding portals
- To identify HR, the supervisor, and the Buddy’s roles in welcoming and training the new employee from pre-1st day through the first year of employment
- To discuss the new employee’s role in her or his orientation
- To differentiate between the orientation to the organization and the orientation to the department
- To assess, design, and develop, implement, and evaluate your organization and department’s NEO strategy.
Benefits of attending this webinar:
- Checklists for what to accomplish the first day, first week, first month, and the first 90 days.
- Suggested lists and topics for the onboarding portal
- List of onboarding portal systems
- Tips on how to select and utilize a Buddy
- Orientation Evaluation forms for the new hire, HR, the buddy, and management
- Tips on the manager-new hire “expectations” discussion
Who will Benefit:
- HR professionals
- Department Directors
- H.R. Professionals at all levels
- Leave administrators
- Benefits administrators
- Senior Management
- Payroll professionals
- Business owners
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
SHRM PDCs - 1.5GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Dr. Susan Strauss Ed.D. is a national and international speaker, trainer and consultant. As an internal and external consultant, Susan has designed, developed, implemented and evaluated Onboarding Strategies for large and small organizations including healthcare, manufacturing, corporate and non-profits.
Her specialty areas include management/leadership, employee, and organization development. She has taught a variety of graduate and undergraduate courses in Organizational Leadership, for example, decision making, team building, and systems thinking. She has functioned as both an external and internal consultant in management and organizational development.
Susan has held positions in training, organization development, and middle and senior management which enable her to use her multitude of real life experiences to draw on in her webinar sessions and organization development consulting. She has presented to thousands of people during her career and to a variety of audiences and receives outstanding evaluations.