Healthcare Compliance Program Effectiveness: Auditing and Monitoring
- Speaker:Pam Joslin MM, CMC, CMIS, CMOM, CMCO, CEMA, CMCA-EM
- Date: 20th November 2018 12:00 PM PST | 03:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90435
Left to Register
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRCTS Attendance Certificate
This webinar will discuss the best practices of implementing auditing and monitoring as a part of your compliance program. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG) calls for auditing and monitoring as “an ongoing evaluation process (that) is critical to a successful compliance program” but does not define the differences. This webinar will teach the differences, roles and responsibilities and how to find compliance gaps and make sure that the compliance program is effective.
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG) and other regulatory bodies have made it clear that a compliance program must be demonstrated as being “fully effective.” Between January 1 and June 30, 2017, the DOJ announced $817 million in FCA (False Claims Act) recoveries from health care providers, putting it on pace to exceed the approximately $1.1 billion recovered from FCA settlements with providers in all of 2016.
The OIG has noted that organizations should incorporate independent reviews and compliance program effectiveness evaluations to identify compliance gaps and evince that the compliance program is effective. Compliance Officers are expected to demonstrate that the compliance program covers all seven elements outlined by the OIG and that key metrics are tracked to prove compliance effectiveness.
Attend this webinar to understand the differences between auditing and monitoring, roles and responsibilities, OIG work workplan risk areas and learn how to implement best practices through live case studies.
Areas we will be covering:
- Tips on how to create a culture of compliance
- Top OIG Work plan areas of risk
- Discuss strategies to avoid fraud/abuse violations
- Unique differences between “auditing” and “monitoring”
- Roles and responsibilities of Compliance Officer
- Benefits of independent monitoring operations
- Review live case studies, risks, penalties
- Discover how “best practices” are implementing auditing and monitoring
Who can attend:
- Compliance Officers
- Medical Practice Managers/Administrators
- Compliance Committees
- Revenue Cycle Management Professionals
- Billing and Coding Personnel
Pamela Joslin has more than 20 years of medical practice management, billing and coding, auditing and compliance experience. She is an engaging presenter via webinar, classroom and conference on every topic that may impact each step in the life of the revenue cycle of every practice.
She has managed in medical practices ranging from single to multi-specialty groups, including ASC. She is an advocate of process improvement and maximizing and empowering employees to bring about the "best practice” results for your organization. She received her Master’s in Management from University of Phoenix. Pam maintains memberships in professional organizations to support her continuing cycle of learning in the ever-changing healthcare industry.
Pam is the owner and CEO of her medical consulting firm, Innovative Healthcare Consulting.