Form I-9 Immigration Form and Changes Employers Must Follow; Create Your I-9 Correction and Storage Process - Accepted by DHS! - HRCI and SHRM Certification
- Speaker:Margie Faulk
- Date: 26th October 2018 09:00 AM PST | 12:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90403
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Left to Register
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
SHRM PDCs - 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
On September 29, 2017, the DHS and Immigration Control Enforcement (ICE), the enforcement arm of DHS, hired 3 floors of new I-9 Document Auditors in their Tampa Field Office. This increase is to accommodate a huge push to conduct I-9 document audits to increase their fines and penalties since they know most Employers have errors! ICE is counting on Employer errors to increase their budget! Are you prepared????
I was one of 3 compliance auditors who reviewed over 7,000 I9 documents from an agricultural farm in Florida in 2012. We were hired when the company was audited for I9 document violations and possible violation for hiring illegal immigrants. It was the start of when regulatory agencies were cracking down on immigration hiring and the abuse of immigrants. The company, a strawberry farm in Lakeland, Florida paid over $350,000 in fines and then agreed to have Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the enforcement arm, conduct an audit of all their I-9 documents for the past 5 years.
It was during this intense audit that I learned some of the details and idiosyncrasies of I-9 document corrections and what ICE determines as compliance.
Why you must attend:
Many Employers take the risk or are unaware the I9 documents penalties and fines. Moreover, Employers are under the impression that I9 document violations are low risk because “who is going to tell?”.
Well I am here to tell Employers that anyone can make a claim or complaint and it doesn’t even have to be true. Additionally, now the regulatory agencies are communicating more than ever before. The Department of Labor (DOL) communicates with the Internal Revenue Services (IRS), the DHS communicates with Child Support Services and on and on, it isn’t hard to imagine news getting out to target Employers however, research has proven that most complaints come from disgruntled employees and others come from audits of target industries. Additionally, effective January 21, 2017, the DHS developed a new I-9 Form that needed to be used effective September 28, 2017.
Areas we will be discussing:
- Learn what types of errors have the highest fines;
- Ensure you have the most current I9 forms that is required;
- What has changed in the most recent focus with the new political administration?
- How is the right way to correct I9 documents and save your company from unnecessary violations?
- What is the minimal risk Employers have when establishing an I9 document Correction & Storage Process?
- How should I9 documents be effectively corrected?
- How long should I9 documents be retained for active and terminated employees?
- Why are most Employers unclear about completing the new I9 form?
- Why are most HR professionals or those responsible for processing I9 documents still violating the request for documents section?
- What can you do if you have remote employees when it comes to I9 forms?
Immigration I-9 Correction and Storage Toolkit accepted by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)!
You will benefit:
All industries will benefit from this training including:
- Aerospace & defense
- Data Protection
- Privacy Services
- Small Businesses
- Large Businesses
- Board of Directors
- Program Managers, Office Managers (with HR Roles)
- HR Workplace Compliance Professionals (Officers, Directors, Managers and Specialists)
- Senior HR Professionals
- Operations Professionals
- Anyone Interest in Learning More About new immigration I-9 documentation new I-9 form
- HR Professionals
- Office Managers and/or any professional on-boarding new hires
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP HR Compliance Solutions, LLC-Compliance Officer, is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Officer for HR Compliance Solutions, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors.
This includes Federal Contracting in the defense, military, anti-Terrorism and Apache Helicopter Training Simulations with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Sentencing Guidelines (FSG) and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP). Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus has expanded to Global Workplace Compliance in International, multi-state, multi-National, state and local workplace compliance which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers offer compliance training to HR professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations. Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).