ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting - FY 2019
- Speaker:Pam Joslin MM, CMC, CMIS, CMOM, CMCO, CEMA, CMCA-EM
- Date: 12th February 2019 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90480
Left to Register
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar will discuss overviews of each of the four sections of 2019 ICD-10-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting. These are the guidelines that payers use when processing your claims. It will teach how accurate ICD-10 reporting ties to patient encounter, reimbursement and reporting, how to use chapter 7, how to use the A, D, S & documentation requirements. Expert will give examples of commonly used guidelines, such as sequencing, code first, code also, etiology and manifestation.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released the fiscal year (FY) 2019 ICD-10-CM (diagnosis) code changes in June 2018, effective for October 1, 2018.
October 1, 2018 will be the third mandated update to the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS classification systems. Total number of new code changes is 473 with 279 new codes, 143 revised codes and 51 deactivated codes.
Anyone who deals with medical insurance claims needs to be aware of these changes, how to interpret the impact to your organization, and train necessary staff members who will be impacted by them.
- 2019 ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting Overview
- Discuss how accurate ICD-10 reporting ties to patient encounter, reimbursement and reporting
- Review upcoming changes for chapter specific guidelines
- Clear explanation of how to use the 7th character
- Closer look on proper use of A, D, S and documentation requirements
- Review examples of most commonly misunderstood guidelines
- Examples of commonly used guidelines, such as sequencing, code first, code also, etiology and manifestation
- Revisit the denials that your organization may be experiencing due to sequencing errors in your coding process and meeting compliance with documentation requirement
- This webinar will give you the confidence to:
- Identify the new, revised and deleted codes that impact your individual organization.
- Review the changes and see the impact to your organization’s top 25-50 codes.
- Apply the general and chapter specific guideline highlights that impact how claims are paid
- Train providers on documentation changes that may be impacted by code changes.
- Get your teams on board with the changes and maintain constant revenue stream for your organization with correct coding and documentation efforts.
Who Will Benefit
- Collections department
- Revenue cycle experts
- Physician owners,
- Auditing and Compliance teams
GRCTS Attendance Certificate
Pamela Joslin has more than 20 years of medical practice management, billing and coding, auditing and compliance experience.
She is an engaging presenter via webinar, classroom and conference on every topic that may impact each step in the life of the revenue cycle of every practice.She has managed in medical practices ranging from single to multi-specialty groups, including ASC. She is an advocate of process improvement and maximizing and empowering employees to bring about the "best practice” results for your organization.
She received her Master’s in Management from University of Phoenix. Pam maintains memberships in professional organizations to support her continuing cycle of learning in the ever-changing healthcare industry.Pam is the owner and CEO of her medical consulting firm, Innovative Healthcare Consulting.