Working with H1B Sponsored Employees? Are you Complying With New Immigration Regulations? - SHRM and HRCI - 1.5
- Speaker:Margie Faulk
- Product Code:GRC-90375
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
SHRM PDCs - 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Free for All Attendees - Immigration I-9 Correction and Storage Toolkit accepted by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)!
Description of the Topic:
Many Employers have been impacted by the new Immigration regulations affecting H-1B Visas and other Visas when hiring foreign workers to meet the needs of their business. Changes in requirements has slowed the ability of companies to hire employees in “Specialty Occupations” which is one of the highly sought visa category by Employers seeking highly skilled foreign workers to meet the advanced skills needed for certain positions. It is important to note that H-1B visas are not self-petition but sponsored by the Employer.
The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), is responsible for monitoring these visas, currently has an annual cap of 85,000 visas awarded, 20,000 of which are reserved for advanced degree holders with specific knowledge related to the position.
Employers who navigate the visa application process find themselves challenged to manage those employees who are at risk of losing sponsorship because of the cap and because of stringent regulations.
Why you must attend this training:
No Matter which side of the political spectrum you are on, if you have employees who are already part of the H-1B visa process, you and the foreign worker are impacted. This webinar will demonstrate the Immigration Visa process and the many hoops Employers have to jump through to mitigate the challenges. Moreover, employee relations issues like performance, discipline and termination can impact the Employers.
For those Employers who are not aware of the Immigration visa process, this webinar will teach Employers on the many myths and facts of the Immigration regulations and how the new Immigration guidelines can impact society norms and the countries ability to continue to be a beacon of multi-cultural sharing.
Areas We will be Discussing:
- Employers who have foreign workers with different types of visas need to be aware of the new Immigration regulations and how to be compliant
- What are the qualifications for eligibility with each visa designation?
- Representatives of Employers managing these Immigration processes should ensure they learn the different steps in the visa application process
- What is the criteria for Employers to establish a valid Employer Sponsorship relationship?
- What is the labor condition application (LCA)
- There are different types of visas with specific guidelines and regulations impacting both Employer and employees
- What specific Immigration forms and identification verification do employees need to have to be eligible for visas?
- What are the timelines of the Immigration visas application and how much does it cost the Employer?
- How are International Attorneys handling these cases and the cap indicated by the USCIS?
- What documents need to be submitted to be considered based on the Immigration application?
- What are the recordkeeping guidelines for the Employer in a valid Employer sponsorship relationship?
- What are the US based regulatory agencies and regulations Employers need to follow?
- What are the penalties for the Employer and the employee if regulations are violated?
You will Benefit:
All industries will benefit from this training including:
- Aerospace & defense
- Data Protection
- Privacy Services
Audience that must attend this session:
- Employers with International foreign workers
- HR professionals hiring and verifying eligibility of foreign workers and non-foreign workers
- Global mobility professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Managers/Supervisors with foreign workers as direct reports
- Business owners considering foreign workers with specialty occupations
- Leadership responsible for coordinating with the International Legal professionals
- Any employee who needs to verify eligibility and manage I-9 documents
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP HR Compliance Solutions, LLC-Compliance Officer, is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Officer for HR Compliance Solutions, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors.
This includes Federal Contracting in the defense, military, anti-Terrorism and Apache Helicopter Training Simulations with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Sentencing Guidelines (FSG) and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP). Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus has expanded to Global Workplace Compliance in International, multi-state, multi-National, state and local workplace compliance which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to HR professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations. Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).