Interviewing Skills for Managers, Supervisors and HR Professionals - HRCI & SHRM Certificate
- Speaker:Chris DeVany
- Date: 15th October 2018 09:00 AM PST | 12:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90399
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Left to Register
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
SHRM PDCs - 1.5
HRCI CPE - 1.5
The everything-you-need-to-know-before-you-say “you’re hired” seminar!
Nothing’s scarier than the thought of making the wrong hiring decision. After all, it means throwing away a substantial investment of time and money on recruitment, training and benefits.
This fundamental seminar is your ticket to make the right hiring decisions and contribute more to the company bottom line.
Why you must attend:
By attending, you will be able to even more effectively:
Would you like to be able to attract better talent?
- Attract talent through innovative recruitment sources
- Learn how to effectively use telephone screening and other methods to filter out the wrong applicants
- Practice interviewing techniques to refine and develop your skills as an interviewer—including how to open and close the meeting
- Understand how to ask the right questions to find out the information you need to know
- Avoid interview "traps"—EEO and affirmative action
Would you like to experience a much higher degree of certainty that “I’ve made the right hire”?
How about being able to conduct interviews more effectively than you ever have before?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany helps us answer these important questions and employ tips, tricks and techniques which will help us interview more effectively and improve our and our team’s performance!
- Attract Talent through Innovative Recruitment Sources
- Recruit Specific Employee Groups
- Assess Alternative Work Arrangements
- Practice Interviewing Techniques to Refine and Develop Your Skills as an Interviewer—Including How to Open and Close the Meeting
- Understand How to Ask the Right Questions to Find Out the Information You Need to Know
- Avoid Interview "Traps"—EEO and Affirmative Action Considerations
Areas we will be covering:
- Recruitment challenges and trends
- Analyzing job specifications before the interview
- Laying the foundation for the interview
- Review legal obligations in hiring
- How to keep records that also protect your position and your company
- Handling the face-to-face interaction—from start to finish
- Pre-employment and employment testing
- Making the selection—testing and references and other considerations
Who should attend:
- Senior Managers
- HR Professionals,
- HR Management
- Talent Management
- Hiring/ Recruiting Agencies
- Team Leads
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, and Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He also has consulted to government agencies from the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Canada, Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance, in publications ranging from ASTD/Performance In Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill and often accompanied by in-person, facilitated instruction, has helped and continues to help thousands of executives, managers and team leaders improve performance.
He has appeared hundreds of times on radio and television interview programs to discuss mergers and acquisitions (how to manage and survive them), project management, sales, customer service, effective workplace communication, management, handling rapid personal and organizational change and other topical business issues. He has served or is currently serving as a board member of the International Association of Facilitators, Sales and Marketing Executives International, American Management Association, American Society of Training and Development, Institute of Management Consultants, American Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International and National Speakers Association.
Chris is an award-winning Toastmaster’s International Competition speaker. He recently participated in the Fortune 500 Annual Management Forum as a speaker, panellist and seminar leader. Chris has distinguished himself professionally by serving multiple corporations as manager and trainer of sales, operations, project management, IT, customer service and marketing professionals. Included among those business leaders are Prudential Insurance, Sprint, BayBank (now part of Bank of America), US Health Care and Marriott Corporation. He has assisted these organizations in mergers and acquisitions, facilitating post-merger and acquisition integration, developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, organizing inbound and outbound call centre programs, training and development of management and new hires, and fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovation initiatives.
Chris holds degrees in management studies and organizational behaviour from Boston University. He has travelled to 22 countries and 47 states in the course of his career.