Managing People for the First Time: the “Not-So-Common” Common Sense Principles for Supervisors and Managers - SHRM Certification
- Speaker:Melveen Stevenson
- Date: 21st March 2019 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90564
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Left to Register
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becoming a leader with direct oversight of employees can be rewarding, inspiring, and challenging. By demonstrating success in your own job, you are now (or soon will be) stepping into a role of engaging and developing employees. At the same time, you’re responsible for operational success, inter-departmental coordination, and key performance indicators. It can be an overwhelming step up!
Most people moving into a management position for the first time have little or no management and leadership training. As a result, they’re forced to learn on-the-job, and sometimes fail to make a positive impact. Ironically, the skills and talent that resulted in success in their individual roles are not the same as the ones that lead to leadership and management success.
This course is designed to provide you with a clear foundation on how to be a successful new manager and leader by learning best practices, strategic ideas, and tactical “how-to’s.”
- Practical strategies and how-to techniques to set yourself up for success.
- Learn and create a 3-month self-on boarding plan to ensure success for yourself and your team.
- Understand the key differences between managing and leading.
- Establish and cultivate a “success culture” for your team.
- Learn common pitfalls for new leaders and how to avoid them or manage through them.
- How to strategically leverage other people-related resources such as your manager and human resources.
- How to navigate and ensure inter-departmental harmony and cooperation for you and your team.
Who will benefit most:
- Employees preparing themselves for an upcoming promotion
- Supervisors and Managers with employees who report to them
- New project and team leaders who lead a team of employees
- Human resources professionals
- Business Owners/ Corporate Leaders
- Experienced leaders who desire to develop the next generation of leaders in their organization
SHRM PDCs - 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Melveen Stevenson is the CEO and founder of M.S.Elemental, LLC, a human resources and business advisory firm based in Los Angeles, California. As a certified HR professional with a background in accounting and finance, she helps companies to navigate the human resources “jungle” of compliance, human capital, and leadership challenges. By using an encompassing business approach, she helps to strengthen the infrastructure of organizations from the inside out, specifically through leadership development, operations, training, and employee engagement.
Upon graduating from the University of Hawaii at Manoa where she studied accounting, Melveen began her career at a large international accounting firm, then international banking. After completing her MBA degree at Michigan State University’s Eli Broad Graduate School of Management, she embarked upon her human resources career, inspired by the desire to support and drive organizational success through human capital. She has held leadership positions in human resources operations, supply chain, and talent management at international companies in food manufacturing, medical products, and consumer products. She has also worked internationally.
Melveen is certified through the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM-SCP) and the Human Resources Certification Institute (SPHR). In addition, she is certified in Extended DiSC® and is a Certified Holistic Health Practitioner.