Marijuana in the Workplace: Employers’ Guide to Managing the New Marijuana Regulations in a Drug Free Workplace!
- Speaker:Margie Faulk
- Product Code:GRC-90465
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHRM PDCs - 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Effective January 1, 2018, California legalized recreational marijuana use as other states join the list. However, the positive response to recreational marijuana has impacted Employers with challenges of this regulation in the workplace. More states have joined the trend like Washington, New York and even Florida. Employers need to mitigate this regulation with the Drug Free Workplace programs currently in place. Adding workplace safety, drug testing and potential discrimination allegations in the equation has Employers confused and in a tailspin.
Status Updates: In 2018, Margie was selected by Alan Collins, former Vice President of Human Resources at PepsiCo, a renowned author of 9 books on HR Prosperity & Success, and founder of “Success in HR”, to be part of his Mastermind Your Way to Success in HR, “Expert Interview Series” based on her successful Webinars/Seminars on HR Compliance.
Why you must attend:
This training will provide much needed guidance for Employers and Managers to ensure they develop, communicate and enforce appropriate policies based on the regulations. This is one of the new marijuana regulations that has emerged since 2018 and Employers must update their policies asap or risk fines and penalties.
- What is Proposition 64? What is proposition 215?
- What states have made changes in their regulations about medical or recreational Marijuana usage and the impact to the workplace policies preventing drug usage?
- Does your state have a drug free workplace mandate?
- Does your Company have a true Drug Free Workplace Program?
- Learn if you are compliant with the Workers Comp requirements of a Drug Free Program or lose the 4-5% discount;
- How will Employers mitigate drug free workplaces with the new regulations?
- What will Employers need to do immediately?
- What about current drug testing screening policies?
- What other background screenings are impacted by the Marijuana regulations?
- What policies should be in place to comply with the new regulation?
- What protections do Employers have in the workplace?
- When does penalties and fines start?
- What issues will HR professionals have to manage with the new regulations?
- How will the federal authorities respond to the retail marijuana usage?
- Is Marijuana a reasonable accommodation?
Areas we will be discussing:
- How to answer questions from employees about the new regulations?
- How to develop a policy that adheres to the marijuana regulations?
- What should be in a compliant marijuana policy or guidelines?
- What does Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) guidance recommend to Employers?
- What industries are exempt from allowing marijuana usage in the workplace?
- Can an Employer still fire employees for marijuana use?
- Are there risks for discrimination allegations when employees use marijuana due to illness?
You will benefit:
All industries will benefit from this training including:
- Aerospace & defense
- Data Protection
- Privacy Services
- Small Businesses
- Large Businesses
- Board of Directors
- Program Managers, Office Managers (with HR Roles)
- HR Workplace Compliance Professionals (Officers, Directors, Managers and Specialists)
- Senior HR Professionals
- Operations Professionals
- Anyone Interest in Learning More About new immigration I-9 documentation new I-9 form
- HR Professionals
- Office Managers and/or any professional on-boarding new hires
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP HR Compliance Solutions, LLC-Compliance Officer, is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Officer for HR Compliance Solutions, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors.
This includes Federal Contracting in the defense, military, anti-Terrorism and Apache Helicopter Training Simulations with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Federal Sentencing Guidelines (FSG) and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP). Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus has expanded to Global Workplace Compliance in International, multi-state, multi-National, state and local workplace compliance which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers offer compliance training to HR professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations. Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).