Marketing to Medicare or Medicaid Beneficiaries - What You Can and Cannot Do
- Speaker:William Mack Copeland
- Date: 9th January 2019 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90512
Left to Register
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
This webinar will review not only the Anti-Kickback Statute and its safe harbors, but will provide an in-depth overview of OIG guidance and advisory opinions dealing with marketing activities, as well as a review of case law regarding marketing behavior.
Because the Anti-Kickback Statute is so broad it what it proscribes, healthcare organizations, conducting what would be normal marketing activities in other industries, have run afoul of the Statute on numerous occasions. The Statute and the regulations only tell part of the story. This program will review not only the Statute and its safe harbors, but will provide an in-depth overview of OIG guidance and advisory opinions dealing with marketing activities, as well as a review of case law regarding marketing behavior.
Why Should you Attend?
If your organization, be it a hospital, physician practice, DME provider, or any other provider offering healthcare services or supplies, engages in marketing its product or services, care must be taken to ensure that the organization does not run afoul of the Anti-Kickback Statute.
This online training will review not only the Statute itself, and the safe harbors, but will also critique the case law, OIG advisory opinions, and OIG compliance guidance to help you understand what you can and cannot do with engaging in healthcare marketing.
After the completion of this training program, you should have a good understanding of what you can and cannot do with regard to marketing activities. The penalties for not conducting a marketing program correctly can be severe, including exclusion, civil monetary penalties and even criminal prosecution.
Areas Covered During the Session
- A brief review of the Anti-Kickback Statute, what it is and what is prohibited
- A brief review of the safe harbors that relate to marketing activities
- A review of the OIG advisory opinions as they relate to marketing
- A review of OIG compliance guidance as it relates to marketing
- An overview of case law relating to marketing activities
- Strategies that should be taken to preclude liability
Who Will Benefit
- Hospital executives
- Physicians, including dentists, podiatrists and chiropractors
- Physician practice executives
- DME provider executives
- Ancillary service providers
- Ancillary service provider executives
- Attorneys representing any and all of the above
William Mack Copeland, MS, JD, PhD, LFACHE, practices health care law in Cincinnati at the firm of Copeland Law, LLC, where he is president and CEO. A graduate of Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Bill is a frequent author and speaker on health law topics. He is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association, American, Ohio and Cincinnati Bar Associations. A former hospital chief executive officer, he is a life fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives. He was awarded the American College of Health Care Executives Senior-Level Healthcare Executive Regent’s Award in 2007.