Accounts Payable Internal Controls: How to Reduce Risk and Prevent Fraud – CPE Accredited Webinar
- Speaker:Patrick A Haggerty
- Date: 22nd February 2019 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90511
- NASBA CPE: 1.8
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar training will explain the process of internal controls in account payable operation as per COSO framework, why it is required and how to effectively implement it across organisation. Participants will learn how to master internal AP controls : preventive and corrective, to mitigate risk, ensure information system security and prevent fraud.
Why Should You Attend:
Accounts payable is not only responsible for control of cash paid by the business, but also handles sensitive vendor information such as tax ID numbers. Adequate internal control is an essential element of accounts payable operations. Controls serve to protect company assets including company reputation through protection of sensitive information and processes. Controls provide assurance that company records are accurate and complete. They monitor compliance with company policy and compliance with legal and contractual obligations and measure progress toward achievement of organizational objectives.
This webinar will discuss how controls can result in cost savings through assessment and improvement of operational efficiency as well as the prevention, detection and mitigation of errors and fraud.
- Understand how the COSO frameworks provide an organized approach to development of internal control systems.
- Understand how risk assessment can aid in identifying and developing effective controls.
- Define preventive, detective, and corrective controls and describe examples of each type of control.
- Understand the impact of the control environment and the important role that training plays in an effective control system.
- Apply control classification and business objectives in the identification of risks and appropriate controls.
- Know the SEC’s five key principles of a sound data security plan and how to apply them to protect sensitive data.
- Identify opportunities to automate controls and improve efficiency and accuracy.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- COSO and the COSO framework and its approach to risk assessment and control system development.
- The importance of defining business objectives.
- Key considerations in establishing internal controls.
- The importance of the control environment and how it can be fostered and maintained.
- Various internal control classification schemes and how cross classification can help identify best practices.
- Examples of internal controls and using classification schemes.
- The importance of a data security plan.
- The Federal Trade Commission’s key principles of a sound data security plan.
- How to apply the FTC principles.
- The importance of staff training in establishing the control environment and in the effectiveness of the control system.
Who Will Benefit:
- Accounts Payable Supervisors and Personnel
- Systems Consultants
- Public Accountants
- Internal Auditors
- Tax Compliance Officers
- Enrolled Agents
- Officers and Managers with Accounts Payable Compliance Oversight
- Company / Business Owners
- Managers/ Supervisors
- Public Agency Managers
- Audit and Compliance Personnel / Risk Managers
NASBA CPE - 1.8
Group Internet Based | 1.8 NASBA Credits (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Finance & Accounting (1.8 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - None | No advance preparation
Patrick Haggerty is Keynote Speaker at GRC Training Solutions. He is a tax practitioner, author, and educator. His work experience includes non-profit organization management, banking, manufacturing accounting, and tax practice. He began teaching accounting at the college level in 1988. He is licensed as an Enrolled Agent by the U. S. Treasury to represent taxpayers at all administrative levels of the IRS and is a Certified Management Accountant. He has written numerous articles and a monthly question and answer column for payroll publications. In addition, he regularly develops and presents webinars and presentations on a variety of topics including Payroll tax issues, FLSA compliance, and information return reporting.