Medical Device Risk Analysis in the Design Process
- Speaker:Charles H. Paul
- Product Code:GRC-90398
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certification: GRCTS Attendance Certificate
Medical Devices by their very nature must be safe for human use and must meet the requirements for which they have been designed. The process which identifies the risks associated with a medical device that could make the device unsafe or not function as intended is called Risk/Hazard Analysis.
21 CFR Section 820 requires that comprehensive risk analysis be performed as part of the medical device regulatory submissions process and throughout the product’s lifecycle. ISO 14971 is the risk management standard for medical devices. Its purpose is to help manufacturers establish a risk management process that can be used to identify hazards, estimate and evaluate risks, and develop, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of risk control measures.
This webinar will discuss both the regulatory requirements and the process for conducting effective Risk/Hazard Analysis.
Why you must attend:
The secret to preventing medical device recalls or at least to minimizing their impact is sound Risk/Hazard Analysis. Aside from being required, it is absolutely essential and necessary to the development and fielding of medical devices that offer a significant level of protection for patients and manufacturers alike.
The webinar will explore the basic principles of risk management and planning as they relate to medical device design and as required by the FDA. It will present a logical process for risk management from risk identification through evaluation/rating and mitigation.
The tools and techniques of Risk Analysis and the rating process used to evaluate the risks identified will be presented and discussed – Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, and Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis.
Areas will be talking about:
- Why Risk/Hazard Analysis is important
- Risk Assessment Defined
- Regulatory Requirements
- Risk Management Process – The Risk Management Plan
- Risk Management Documentation
- Risk Analysis Processes and Techniques
- Asking the Right Questions
- The Evaluation/Analysis Tools – FTA, FMEA, and FMECA
- Risk Control/Mitigation
Who will benefit:
- R & D
- Management – essentially everyone in the organization that is involved in the design and development of Medical Devices.
- It is particularly suited for the health sciences where much project-based work is accomplished.
- Medical device manufacturers
- Pharmaceutical and Biotech organizations
- Cosmetic and foods manufacturers
- All other related Industries
Charles H. Paul is the President of C. H. Paul Consulting, Inc. – a regulatory, training, and technical documentation consulting firm. Charles has been a regulatory consultant for over 20 years and has published numerous white papers on the subject. The firm works with both domestic and international clients designing solutions for complex training and documentation issues.