Essentials of OFCCP Compliance: Requirement, Enforcement and Fulfilment of Affirmative Action
- Speaker:Janette Frisch
- Product Code:GRC-90432
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHRM PDCs - 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
If you are a federal contractor, having a firm grasp on the essentials of affirmative action and OFCCP compliance is a must, whether you are new to the federal contracting world or a seasoned contractor. This webinar training program will offer attendees an understanding of affirmative action laws and regulations enforced by the OFCCP. It will also discuss Affirmative Action Plans for women and minorities, and for disabled and veteran workers.
More about the topic:
While the principles are the same, recent changes in regulations and OFCCP enforcement activity have left many contractors wondering what to do going forward. Additionally, with a new president, with a very new agenda, many contractors are even more uncertain. For the time being, however, contractors need to proceed under current laws and regulations, which even the most experienced contractors will find challenging.
In this webinar, attendees will gain a solid, cogent review of the key fundamentals of affirmative action and OFCCP compliance. Beyond that, the program will delve into various aspects such as developing Affirmative Action Plans, the common reasons contractors have problems with the OFCCP, changes to regulations regarding veterans and individuals with disabilities, and more.
Areas we will be covering:
- What is affirmative action?
- Who/what is the OFCCP?
- Affirmative action laws and regulations enforced by the OFCCP
- Types of federal contractors
- Who is a government contractor?
- Which contractors are subject to affirmative action requirements
- Who must have an Affirmative Action Plan (AAP)?
- Developing the AAP
- AAPs for women and minorities
- AAPs for disabled and veteran workers
- Common reasons contractors have problems with the OFCCP
- Compliance reviews – how contractors are selected, what to expect, general process, possible outcomes, common violations
- Changes to regulations regarding veterans and individuals with disabilities
Who will Benefit:
- Compliance Officers
- HR Directors
- Risk Officers
- Corporate Stakeholders
- HR Managers
- Hiring Managers
- Business Owners
- Senior Management
About the Expert:
Janette Levey Frisch is an attorney with more than 20 years’ legal experience. She works with employers on most employment law issues to ensure that employers are in the best position possible to avoid litigation, audits, employee relations problems, and the attendant, often exorbitant costs. She authors the firm’s weekly blog, where she discusses issues impacting employers today. She has written articles on many different employment law issues for many publications, including EEO Insight, Staffing Industry Review, @Law, and Chief Legal Officer.
Ms. Frisch has also spoken and trained on topics, such as criminal background checks in the hiring process, joint employment, severance arrangements, pre-employment screening among many others. She is licensed in New Jersey and New York. In addition, she serves as a Legal Wellness Professional to employers outside New Jersey and New York on almost all federal employment law issues, to enable employees to address workplace challenges before they escalate to litigation or costly audits.
Ms. Frisch is also a contributor to the recently released book, “Hiring Greatness: How to Recruit Your Dream Team and Crush the Competition,” published by John Wiley and Sons, and authored by David E. Perry and Mark J. Haluska. Janette serves as a Task Force Member of the Institute for Workplace Violence Prevention, an interdisciplinary think tank, dedicated to providing holistic, proactive solutions to employers serious about promoting a safe workplace.