Paid Sick and Family Leave: Multi-State Updates for Mastering Emerging Compliance Obligations - HRCI and SHRM Certification
- Speaker:Janette Frisch
- Product Code:GRC-90462
HRCI Credits: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use coupon code "GRCTS10" to avail a 10% Discount on your purchase
In this paid sick leave and family leave webinar, learn the upcoming updates related to – legal PTO policy, carryover and notice/posting requirements, PTO leave with protected leave under FMLA, PTO accrual rates, PTO and the exempt employee, pregnancy disability leave, caps on vacation banks.
More about the topic:
Do you offer paid sick leave to your employees? Currently, eight states, plus the District of Columbia, and over twenty localities have paid/earned sick/safe leave laws on their books - and that number is growing - so soon you may not have a choice.
Mandated paid sick/safe leave is gaining support. On September 7, 2015 President Obama signed a new executive order, granting up to 7 days of paid sick leave per year to employees working for federal government contractors.
On March 13, 2017, the Health Families Act, legislation that would grant many employees seven days of paid sick leave annually was introduced in Congress. Now is the time to anticipate the changes that you might need to make to your existing policies if paid sick leave comes to your jurisdiction.
In this webinar we will discuss developments related to paid sick leave and how they may affect your daily operations and workplace policies, and some recommendations for administering/managing PTO.
Areas we will be covering:
- What an effective, legal PTO policy looks like
- The new executive order requiring federal contractors to grant paid sick leave to employees
- Where paid sick leave laws have passed or are being considered across the country
- Requirements concerning carryover and notice/posting requirements
- PTO recommended practices on tricky issues, including partial-day absences, use of accrued PTO during furloughs, a “use it or lose it” policy, and structuring your PTO bank
- Combining PTO leave with protected leave under FMLA – the when and how to do it
- What you need to know before changing PTO accrual rates
- Cashing out unused time -- PTO counts as a wage under state law
- PTO and the exempt employee: When you can dock their pay without jeopardizing the exemption
- Legal ways to institute caps on vacation banks
- How PTO works when an employee is eligible for pregnancy disability leave or paid family leave
Who will Benefit:
- H.R. Professionals at all levels
- Leave administrators
- Benefits administrators
- Senior Management
- Payroll professionals
- Business owners
SHRM PDCs - 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
About the Expert:
Janette Levey Frisch is an attorney with more than 20 years’legal experience. She works with employers on most employment law issues to ensure that employers are in the best position possible to avoid litigation,audits, employee relations problems, and the attendant, often exorbitant costs. She authors the firm’s weekly blog, where she discusses issues impacting employers today. She has written articles on many different employment law issues for many publications, including EEO Insight, Staffing Industry Review,@Law, and Chief Legal Officer.
Ms. Frisch has also spoken and trained on topics, such as criminal background checks in the hiring process, joint employment, severance arrangements, pre-employment screening among many others. She is licensed in New Jersey and New York. In addition, she serves as a Legal Wellness Professional to employers outside New Jersey and New York on almost all federal employment law issues, to enable employees to address workplace challenges before they escalate to litigation or costly audits.
Ms. Frisch is also a contributor to the recently released book, “Hiring Greatness: How to Recruit Your Dream Team and Crush the Competition,” published by John Wiley and Sons, and authored by David E. Perry and Mark J. Haluska. Janette serves as a Task Force Member of the Institute for Workplace Violence Prevention, an interdisciplinary think tank, dedicated to providing holistic, proactive solutions to employers serious about promoting safe workplace.