Payroll Techniques and Analysis - HRCI CPE 1.5
- Speaker:David H. Ringstrom, CPA
- Product Code:GRC-90342
HRCI Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
HRCI CPE - 1.5
HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
In this comprehensive webinar, you'll discover the many features and functions Excel offers to improve the accuracy and efficiency of payroll production. Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, explains: mathematics for employee timesheets, date and time formatting and stamping, conditional formatting to highlight human resources (HR) requirements, password protection for sensitive payroll files and worksheets, salary information formatting, using pivot tables for HR reporting and analysis tasks, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
- Improving the integrity of Excel pivot tables with the Table feature.
- Redacting portions of Social Security numbers by way of Excel’s TEXT worksheet function.
- Color-coding the top ten (or however many you wish) amounts within a column of numbers with Conditional Formatting.
- Removing Conditional Formatting when it’s no longer needed within a spreadsheet.
- Using Excel’s Text to Columns feature to convert Social Security numbers to values and then apply Excel’s Social Security number format.
- Expanding reports horizontally by adding columns to pivot tables.
- Transforming a column of salaries into an instant heat map by way of Excel’s Conditional Formatting feature.
- Discerning the nuance involved in making pivot tables present data in tabular form.
- Exploring options for recovering lost passwords for Excel spreadsheets.
- Preventing users from drilling down into pivot table amounts.
- Discovering four different ways to remove data from a pivot table report.
- Adding fields to a blank pivot table to create instant reports.
- Recall how to reformat Social Security Numbers using Excel Flash Fill feature.
- Define how to assign random numbers to a data set in Excel.
- Apply password-protection techniques for sensitive payroll files, worksheets, and spreadsheet columns.
Who should attend:
Payroll professionals who wish to learn practical Excel fundamentals to improve the accuracy and efficiency of payroll production.
- Payroll Professionals
- Human Resources
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners, Officers, Managers and Key Personnel
- Lawmakers, Attorneys, or any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and technicalities within the payroll process
Nationally recognized Microsoft Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is the president and owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc. based in Atlanta, Georgia. David founded Accounting Advisors in 1991 as a consulting-services business, later he began teaching continuing education classes as well. His mission since is to offer quality training and consulting services on Microsoft Excel via live webcasts, on-demand self-study webcasts, and in-house engagements. David has taught hundreds of webinars on Excel and other topics, in addition to speaking at conferences and in-house engagements.
David has developed training courses based on his 25 years of experience in Consulting. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what many users don’t know but should know about Microsoft Excel.
His mission is to offer quality training on Excel and additional accounting software via live webcasts, on-demand self-study webcasts, and in-house engagements. More than 24 providers, located throughout the country as well as overseas, now look to David for their Excel and accounting software training needs.
David’s Excel courses cover the gamut of the software’s features and functions to provide CPAs as well as accounting and financial professionals the knowledge they need to work more efficiently and effectively in Excel. His comprehensive yet easy to understand presentations cover Excel 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007. David’s webcasts are fast paced, and he welcomes attendees’ questions. In addition, his detailed handouts and slides serve as handy reference tools students can fall back on after participating in his webcasts or taking his self-study courses.