Process Validation General Principles & Practices - FDA and EU Guidance; ICH Q8, ICH Q9, ICH Q10 and Quality Metrics
- Speaker:John Lanese
- Product Code:GRC-90409
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
This Training is available for On Site and Corporate Training
Certifications: GRCTS Attendance Certificate
Integrating the FDA and EU Guidance; ICH Q8, ICH Q9, ICH Q10 and Quality Metrics”
ICH Q10, The Pharmaceutical Quality System, which was released to the international pharmaceutical industry in 2008, includes the concept of the product lifecycle. Since that time, the lifecycle approach has been applied to all aspects of pharmaceutical products and processes. ICH Q8, Pharmaceutical Development, and ICH Q9, Quality Risk Management, are closely integrated with ICH Q10. In 2011, the FDA issued its Guidance for Industry, Process Validation: General Principles and Practices. This guidance integrates quality system concepts from ICH Q8, ICH Q9 and ICH Q10 including lifecycle and identifies the three stages of the process validation lifecycle. The Europeans followed with a similar guidance for process validation including the lifecycle concept. This has now been incorporated into the revised Annex 15: Qualification and Validation of the EU GMPs. Worldwide, the pharmaceutical community is approaching process validation as a process control tool that is applied to pharmaceutical production processes throughout the life of the process and the product. It is now a challenge for the process validation team to integrate a life-cycle approach into the development and validation of new processes and the verification of the validation of old processes.
The objective of this webinar is that attendees will better understand contemporary expectations for process validation and how these supports the quality system approach to compliance.
In this webinar we will discuss:
The FDA Guidance on process validation and how the expectations found in this guidance correlate to:
The three stages of process validation and what must be done during each stage.
- ICH Q10; The Pharmaceutical Quality System
- ICH Q9; Quality Risk management
- ICH Q8; Pharmaceutical Development
The extension of the concept of process life-cycle to test method validation. Attendees will better understand contemporary expectations for process validation and how these support the quality system approach to compliance.
- Stage 1; Process Design
- Stage 2; Process Qualification
- Stage 3; Continued Process Verification
Who Must Attend:
- Branded and generic pharmaceutical firms
- Contract pharmaceutical manufacturesManagement at all levels who are responsible for process development and validation
- Personnel who are responsible for
- Product development
- Process transfer
- Process validation
- Demonstration that a process continues to perform in a state of control,
- QA, personnel who are responsible for the review and approval of process validation protocols and reports
- Validation specialists
John G. (Jerry) Lanese is an independent consultant with a focus on Quality Systems and the components of an effective Quality System. He received a BA and MS from Middlebury College and a Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry from the University of Michigan and has managed Analytical Research, Quality Control and Quality Assurance functions for major pharmaceutical firms.
Since 1994 Dr. Lanese has been an independent consultant. He has consulted with small and large medical device and pharmaceutical companies, including companies under FDA Consent Decree, API and excipient manufacturers, electronic firms and other manufacturing organizations.
Dr. Lanese lectures throughout the world and presents webinars on a variety of topics related to Quality Systems, GMPs, APIs, laboratory operations, calibration, change control, deviations and product reviews for clients and seminar, webinar and conference providers. In 2007, Jerry received the Kenneth Chapman Industry Recognition Award for his contributions to the Pharmaceutical industry. Jerry is a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of GXP Compliance and he is the co-author of a continuing series of articles in the Journal of GXP Compliance, “GXP Talk”.