Quality Control for Microbiological Media and Reagents
- Speaker:Michael Brodsky
- Product Code:GRC-90581
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
The webinar will discuss QC best practices and procedures for verifying the suitability and performance characteristics of microbiological media and reagents.
Why Should You Attend:
Many laboratories are unsure about which QC practices are needed to assess media performance to meet not only their requirements, but also the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025: 2005.
This webinar will discuss a practical QC approach for in-house prepared and/or commercially purchased media and reagents specifically applicable to microbiology laboratories.
In this webinar, attendees will learn:
- To appreciate intrinsic and extrinsic factors which can affect the performance of culture media and reagents
- To identify Control Points (CP) and Critical Control Points (CCP) in media quality assessment
- To develop appropriate quality control practices for CCPs to evaluate the acceptability of media and reagents for laboratory use
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Control points
- Critical control points
- QC from purchase to disposal
Who Will Benefit:
- Microbiological bench analysts
- QA managers
- Laboratory managers/supervisors
- QC practitioners
Michael Brodsky, has been an Environmental Microbiologist for more than 44 years. He is a Past President of the Ontario Food Protection Association and AOAC International. He serves as co-Chair for the AOAC Expert Review Committee for Microbiology, as a scientific reviewer in Microbiology for the AOAC OMA and the AOAC Research Institute, as a reviewer for Standard Method for the Examination of Water and Wastewater and as a chapter editor on QA for the Compendium of Methods in Microbiology. He is also a lead auditor/assessor in microbiology for the Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA) and was the Vice-Chair of the CALA Board of Directors.