Risk Based Operational Audit - NASBA CPE 1.5
- Speaker:Jonnie T. Keith
- Product Code:GRC-90446
- NASBA CPE: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Internet Based | 1.5 (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Auditing - (1.5 CPE) | Basic to Intermediate| Prerequisites: None | Advanced Preparation: No advance preparation
Why You Must Attend The Session:
Every organization has a primary business objective, the reason for its existence. Whether it is a “for-profit” organization or a “not-for-profit” organization, there is always a primary business objective. And each organization is set up to accomplish that primary business objective.
The primary business objective is the life blood of the organization. And management has the responsibility to set up an operational structure and processes to ensure that the primary business objective is accomplished. However, to do that, there are so many other secondary objectives that have to be achieved. For example, management has to establish various departments like an:
Department– to hire/train personnel
Department – to purchase material/goods
Department – to pay vendors and employees
Department – to leverage technology
Department – to care for equipment/infrastructure
There are numerous other possible departments depending on the company and its primary business objective. And every department has its own departmental objectives to directly or indirectly support the primary business objective. And management has the responsibility to establish controls to ensure that these objectives are achieved.
Operational auditing plays an important role in helping management achieve its primary business objective. Internal Audit has the responsibility to evaluate those controls through the operational auditing process to determine if they are adequate and effective.
This class is designed to give you the basics for doing an operational audit. We will discuss management and audit concepts to help you understand how the process works. We will also do some exercises to further strengthen your knowledge.
- IIA internal audit
- Operational audit
- Plan, organize, lead, and control
- Establish an organizational structure
- Establish objectives that directly or indirectly support the
- Assess the risk of not achieving the objectives
- Establish controls to ensure that the objectives are
- Develop a risk-based annual audit plan
- Conduct a preliminary survey of the risks in the selected
- Determine the audit objectives
- Determine the audit scope
- Conduct an entrance conference
- Conduct the field work
- Conduct exit conference
- Communicate the Results to Management
- Follow up on audit findings
- 2010 – Planning
- 2201 – Planning Considerations
- 2220 – Engagement Scope
- 2240 – Engagement Work Program
- 2300 – Performing the Engagement
- 2400 – Communicating Results
- 2500 – Monitoring Progress
Who will Benefit:
All industries will benefit from attending this meeting:
- Staff Auditors
- Government Auditors
- Compliance Auditors
- Internal Control Specialists
- Public Accountants
- Accounting Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Quality Control Specialist
- Audit Managers
Jonnie Keith has been in auditing over 40 years. He retired in 2012 as the Assistant General Manager of Internal Audit with the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) in Atlanta, Ga. He served in that capacity for over 10 years and was responsible for administering the overall audit activities.
At this position, he was responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Audit Department and he reported directly to the CEO and the Chair of the Audit Committee. Prior to that, he worked at MARTA as the Operational Audit Manager and Senior Contract Compliance Auditor. He also worked at Norfolk Southern Railway (formally Southern Railway) as a senior operational auditor and started his career at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta as a bank examiner. Jonnie Keith received a BA degree in Economics from Clark Atlanta University (formerly Clark College).
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP)
- Certified Internal Control Auditor (CICA)
He has been a volunteer seminar instructor for the National
Office of the Institute of Internal Auditors for several years. He has been married for over 44 years and has two adult
daughters and two grandchildren. He and
his wife authored the book: Tied Together – The Marriage Trinity.