Mitigate Fiscal Risks in Clinical Trials: Coverage Analysis, Budgeting and Billing Compliance.
- Speaker:Marina Malikova, Ph.D., MSci, MA, CCRA, RAC
- Product Code:GRC-90379
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the Recording of the Training for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certifications: GRCTS Attendance Certificate.
This webinar is an integrative learning experience, combining a comprehensive review of the good clinical practice core principles and project management strategies applicable to financial aspects of clinical research during new biomedical product development process.
Why You Must Register:
Strategies and best practices to mitigate fiscal risks in clinical trials will be discussed. Strategic planning and financial management aspects such as coverage analysis, cost estimation, budgeting and billing Compliance will be reviewed in depth.
This session is focused on processes and approaches to increase fiscal return and mitigate fiscal compliance risk for clinical trials. The ability to develop robust budgets, ensure billing compliance and adherence to CMS regulations for clinical trials remains a challenge for many clinical sites, sponsors and contract research organizations (CROs) . Lack of fiscal forecasting and unspecified billing compliance practices associated with clinical trials increases the risks of fiscal audits. A risk- based approach requires not only a strategy but tools to define key indicators to measure specific risks. This session is focused on strategies for covering true costs related to clinical research and distinguishing them from routine care charges, and providing methodologies to avoid false claims and/or wrongful billing.
Areas Covered in the Webinar Session:
- Budgeting in clinical research
- Learn how to perform Medicare Coverage Analysis
- Define studies qualified for insurance reimbursement for experimental drugs and devices
- Review device classification and applicable categories of devices for insurance reimbursement within clinical trial
- Review different charges in clinical research (research –related versus routine care, “billable to insurance)
- Fiscal forecasting
- Financial management on clinical research
- Fiscal and billing compliance risk mitigation strategies
Who should attend:
- New Project Managers
- Project Managers with little or no drug development or clinical trial experience
- Staff from Pharmaceutical Companies or Contract Research Organizations (CROs) involved with the management of clinical trials
- New Clinical or other Project Team Leaders who will be managing projects
- Managers unfamiliar with clinical project management
- New Clinical, Regulatory, and Department Staff who will design clinical trial programs
- Clinical Research Associates, Data Managers or others interested in transitioning into clinical trial management
- Project Team Leaders with limited direct clinical trial experience who will be managing drug development programs and supervising project managers
- Grant Administrators
Marina Malikova, Ph.D., MSci, MA, CCRA, RAC | Executive Director, Surgical Translational Research: Operations and Compliance.
Dr. Malikova has over fourteen years of experience in the clinical research field. She has managed Phase I – IV studies involving investigational drugs, devices and biologics. She has worked on Industry-sponsored and Investigator-initiated trials in the fields of Surgery, Cancer Diagnostics and Interventional Radiology.
Dr. Malikova graduated from the Institute of Biochemistry, Russian Academy of Science, in Moscow, Russia with a PhD in Biochemistry. She also holds a Master’s Degree in Clinical Investigation and Project Management Certification from Boston University.
In her current role as Executive Director, Dr. Malikova manages research efforts in 13 divisions of the Department of Surgery at Boston Medical Center. She is responsible for clinical trials and basic biomedical research operations, quality assurance, risk management, safety monitoring, strategic planning, and macro-management of research programs. She provides guidance and oversight to the Project Managers, Clinical Research Associates (CRAs), Clinical Research Coordinators (CRCs), and laboratory staff. She advises faculty/staff on protocol and informed consent writing; assists with BU IRB applications and submissions; provides oversight for data user agreements, cost coverage analysis and budgets development, contracts and licensing for clinical research; and ensures compliance.
Dr. Malikova has 10 years of teaching experience as an Instructor for Clinical and Biomedical Sciences Program, Metropolitan College. She has developed and taught several courses such as: Design and Conduct of Clinical Trials, Drug Development, Introductory Pharmacology, Clinical Trials Management at Boston University, School of Medicine.
She also served as an Instructor of the Good Clinical Practices (GCPs) course for the Master of Science Program in Clinical Investigation, Division of Graduate Medical Sciences, Boston University, School of Medicine since Summer, 2012.
Dr. Malikova is a member of Association for Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP), Drug Information Association (DIA), Regulatory Association Professionals Society (RAPS) and European Society of Radiology (ESR). Currently, she is serving as an Editor for SAGE publishing group and National Institute of Health (NIH) reviewer for grants and clinical trial proposals.