Sales & Use Tax Compliance - NASBA and HRCI - 1.5 (CPE)
- Speaker:Miles Hutchinson
- Product Code:GRC-90252
HRCI Credits: 1.5
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at email@example.com.
Group Internet Based | 1.5 (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | Taxes (1.5 CPE) | Intermediate Level | Prerequisites - None | No advance preparation
Sales tax? Use tax? What’s the difference? Must I charge tax on my internet sales? Will I owe taxes in more than one state for the same sale? Why is my drop shipper charging me tax? Why did I receive a NEXUS Questionnaire and what if I don’t respond to it? I just received a notice that I have to conduct a self-audit and report my findings to the state – is this for real? I need help!
Over 40 percent of state budgets are funded by sales tax. They know they are not receiving all the tax dollars they are owed. Yet many companies fail to comply with multi-state registration and collection. Untaxed internet sales have frustrated the states and they are actively lobbying Congress to change the rules. Are you in full compliance?
Why Should you Attend:
Join us and develop a solid plan to move your company toward sales and use tax compliance. Experienced CGMA and businessman, Miles Hutchinson, will review the basics of sales and use taxation with you and answer your questions. He will brief you on legal developments in the area of taxation of internet sales. You will receive practical guidance to avoid audit assessments and penalties.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
• Learn the difference between sales and use taxes
• Distinguish between taxable and non-taxable sales of both goods and services
• Minimize the tax basis of your sales activities (the states are inconsistent)
• Determine when you must tax your internet sales
• Establish procedures to properly account for, accrue and report tax on untaxed purchases
• Minimize tax on freight charges
• Understand the limited protection provided by exemption certificates (they do not indemnify you from liability)
• Identify the nexus triggers that could require you to register and pay taxes in states other than your home state
• Be proactive when you haven’t registered as required and avoid the penalties
• Take advantage of best practices in managing sales and use tax compliance
• Identify the key policies and procedures your company should have in place to help with tax audits
• Learn about amnesty programs and how to take advantage of them
• Receive a list of valuable resources to help you learn the different requirements of individual states for exemption specific transactions
Who Will Benefit:
CFOs, Controllers, Tax mangers, Accounts Payable managers, Purchasing Managers, and Compliance Managers of all companies and institutions who make sales of taxable goods and services
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a one billion dollar real estate development company. Miles is a highly sought after professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 1000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, such as financial analysis and modeling, accounting matters, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. His clients include, Abbott Labs, Citicorp, the FBI, GE, Pfizer, and the US Marine Corps.
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org