TIN Matching & B Notices - How to minimize the paperwork from complaints on IRS information returns | NASBA CPE 1.5
- Speaker:Miles Hutchinson
- Product Code:GRC-90544
- NASBA CPE: 1.5
SHRM Credits: 1.5
GRCTS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for [1.5] PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
NASBA CPE Credits: 1.5
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. You can access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any clarifications.
This webinar will help you reduce the risk of being out of compliance with your Form 1099 reporting requirements with the Internal Revenue Service. This session will discuss registration with the IRS, methods to perform electronic Name/Taxpayer Identification Number matching, protocols for handling CP-2100 notification from the IRS regarding Name/TIN mismatches on your forms 1099, 1098. It will help you understand the differences between and 1st and 2nd B-Notice and the related differences in required vendor responses. We prepare Forms 1099 and send them into the IRS. Later in the year the IRS mails us a “B” Notice, Backup Withholding Notice, Form 2100 or 2100A. Would you like to avoid receiving “B” Notices from the IRS? If yes, one of the best ways is to use the IRS e-services Taxpayer Identification Number matching program.
Areas to be Covered:
- Starter question: what is TIN Matching?
- Who must request access to the TIN Match system?
- How do we register to use the system?
- How does the TIN Match system work?
- What are the best practices for managing 1099 reporting requirements?
- How do I deal with vendors who report incorrect information on their W-4’s?
- B-Notices: when I receive a letter from the IRS stating I have incorrect names/TINS on my 1099’s, what must I do and what about the deadlines?
- What if I receive a Notice of Proposed Penalty?
- Learn IRS 1099 matching process and avoid most common matching mistakes
- Advantages of IRS e-services TIN Matching Program
- What is a “B” Notice and What causes “B” notices
- Steps to take to avoid “B” Notices and Steps to take after receiving a “B” Notice
- What is a Backup Withholding Notice
- ALL CPA and staff
- EA & staff
- Attorneys & staff
- Accounting Department Staff
- Controller & Staff
- Staff responsible for preparing Forms 1099
- Accountants Payable Staff
- Financial Officers
- Tax compliance management
- Tax Managers
- Accounts Payable Managers
- Internal Auditors
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- Information Technology design staff
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the chief financial officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. Mr. Hutchinson is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,000 seminars and training sessions on myriad business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. He is recognized as an expert in payroll, and sales and use tax as well as financial modeling and analysis, business strategy and communications.
He is the author of several useful accounting and tax tools. His clients include Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Pfizer, Siemens, US Marine Corps, and the US Army.
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org