Time and Task Management – Working Smarter Every Day - NASBA HR CPE - 1.5
- Speaker:Chris DeVany
- Date: 10th April 2019 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
- Product Code:GRC-90589
- NASBA CPE: 1.5
Left to Register
NASBA CPE Credits: 1.5
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Live Session - How it works
- Username and Password will be sent to you within 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Presentation handouts in pdf format will be emailed to along with the login instructions or few hours before the meeting starts.
- Login to the session by clicking on “Join the Meeting” in the login instructions and then dial the number to connect to the meeting audio or use your Computer to connect to audio. Please use the name and the email address you used at the time of registration to join the meeting.
- Get answer to your queries through interactive Q&A sessions. The Q and A sessions are at the end of the meeting. The expert will complete his/ her presentation and then the phone lines will be open for the audience to discuss your questions.
- Please let us know your thoughts and views at the end of webinar, your valuable feedback will help us improve our Training programs.
- Certificate of attendance is emailed to you within 6 working days from the date the webinar was completed. If you don’t receive an email within 6 days. Please email our email@example.com
Recorded Session - How it works
- Login Information with Password to view the webinar will be emailed to you within 48 hours from the date the Live webinar was completed. The link to the recording is for a single person use only and it is valid for 6 months or the actual duration the recording was purchased.
- Please click on the link to access the Recording and type in the password provided in the email.
- Presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format.
Training CD - How it works
- Free shipment within 2 working days, from the date the webinar was completed. The presentation and other handouts will be emailed to you in a pdf format if we are unable to attach them in the CD or USB.
(For more information about our products contact +1- 248-233-2049)
If you are unable to attend the meeting Live then you can opt in for the Live Recording instead. Access the recording of the webinar for 6 months. Contact our support for any questions. To prepare an invoice to pay by Check or Wire email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NASBA : Group Internet Based | 1.5 (1 CPE for 50 minutes) | HR (1.5 CPE) | Intermediate | Prerequisites - None | No advance preparation
Background of the topic if any Take control of your time...and get control of your entire work day! The speed of everything has changed. Are your time management skills up to the challenge? Do you put off more today than you can ever accomplish tomorrow...exhaust yourself by 4:00 p.m. with only a fraction of your work done...see yourself as a decision maker who never gets around to making decisions...dread the next business meeting—or worse, going back to your desk to see what voicemails and emails await you? If you’re doing more and enjoying it less, it’s time to get out of the time trap and back to productive management! This presentation gives you practical techniques for controlling time and making it a manageable resource.
Why should you attend:
By attending, you will understand how to even more effectively:
- Achieve better results through more effective planning and clarifying objectives
- Delegate effectively and free yourself for bigger tasks
- Set group goals and priorities
- Eliminate the time wasters
- Handle interruptions and distractions
- Say no to unreasonable demands
- Redirect your efforts to the most important and valid tasks
- Make sure there is time in the day for you
- Learn strategies to improve concentration and increase your efficiency
Questions you need consider:
- Would you like to improve your concentration and increase your efficiency?
- If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members’ and team’s performance, no matter how widely distributed everyone is!
- The speed of everything has changed. Are your time management skills up to the challenge?
- Do you put off more today than you can ever accomplish tomorrow...exhaust yourself by 4:00 p.m. with only a fraction of your work done...see yourself as a decision maker who never gets around to making decisions...dread the next business meeting—or worse, going back to your desk to see what voicemails and emails await you? If you’re doing more and enjoying it less, it’s time to get out of the time trap and back to productive management! This presentation gives you practical techniques for controlling time and making it a manageable resource.
- Are you concerned about how much time and productivity your people are wasting?
- What about lost energy, efficiency and effectiveness, especially because people are over tasked and overburdened?
- Would you like to gain an extra 30 minutes each day?
Areas Covered in the Session:
Self-Evaluation: How Do You Manage Your Time
- Take the Time-Mastery Profile® to identify how you spend your time
- Highlight your strengths and challenges with time
- Identify time wasters and learn how to avoid them using new techniques
Concentration and Focus
- Learn techniques that will help you complete your tasks at a faster rate
- Discuss how to handle distractions and interruptions—both self- and other-imposed
Planning to Succeed
- Refine the planning process and goal-setting system using the SMART technique
Decision Making and Prioritizing
- Align your priorities with your goals for better decision making
- Learn about “the window of opportunity” to determine the most appropriate course of action
- Learn the principles of organization to eliminate clutter and maintain order and effective filing systems
- Learn to manage your phone, e-mail and electronic files
Establishing Boundaries to Create Balance
- Learn when to say “yes” and when to say “no”
- Say “yes” to yourself...by saying “no” to others
- Create quiet zones to think, reflect and concentrate
- Build a commitment to your own time-management plan—it’s up to you!
Setting SMART Goals
- SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely
- What are my roles?
- What weekly goal will I set for each role?
- TOPPS: Task, Objective, Product, Program, Schedule
- TOPICS: Output, Product, Input, Conditions, Standards
- Setting milestones
- Working the Plan
Who will benefit:
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, and Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He also has consulted to government agencies from the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Canada, Cayman Islands and the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance, in publications ranging from ASTD/Performance in Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill and often accompanied by in-person, facilitated instruction, has helped and continues to help thousands of executives, managers and team leaders improve performance.
He has appeared hundreds of times on radio and television interview programs to discuss mergers and acquisitions (how to manage and survive them), project management, sales, customer service, effective workplace communication, management, handling rapid personal and organizational change and other topical business issues. He has served or is currently serving as a board member of the International Association of Facilitators, Sales and Marketing Executives International, American Management Association, American Society of Training and Development, Institute of Management Consultants, American Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International and National Speakers Association. Chris is an award-winning Toastmaster’s International Competition speaker. He recently participated in the Fortune 500 Annual Management Forum as a speaker, panelist and seminar leader.
Chris has distinguished himself professionally by serving multiple corporations as manager and trainer of sales, operations, project management, IT, customer service and marketing professionals. Included among those business leaders are Prudential Insurance, Sprint, BayBank (now part of Bank of America), US Health Care and Marriott Corporation. He has assisted these organizations in mergers and acquisitions, facilitating post-merger and acquisition integration, developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, organizing inbound and outbound call center programs, training and development of management and new hires, and fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovation initiatives.
Chris holds degrees in management studies and organizational behavior from Boston University. He has traveled to 22 countries and 47 states in the course of his career.
GRCTS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org